Well the first locomotive movement under it's own power has now happened - and it all worked! I had a small disaster with glue and scenery when I got glue between the two sections and left them bolted together overnight. Whoops, still no serious harm done.
I have also been weathering the BR box vans this week and those old Lima ones actually look the part when painted in prototypical dirty state. (Anyone got any Lima HO 12 ton box vans or mineral wagons they don't want by the way?)
Hopefully this week will see the first photos being taken as the batteries in the camera were flat!
Well that's it I will come back with more later.
Well I had three whole days without work getting in the way so some wrks have been done. Most of this has involved planning and raiding the scrap box, I've found things in there I'd forgotten I ever had.
The abutments for the road bridge have been built (thick card salvaged from somewhere and Faller embossed stone card) as well as the deck which is also card with a piece of plastic "trelis" to represent the iron work. The base of the water tower is to be consructed from the remains of an old Airfix/Dapol footbridge - although I can't decide what to make the tank out of.
Tracklaying has now commenced with the loco shed road being first having had the rail edges painted before fixing. The first of the Fleiscmann point motors has also been attached to the point.
I suppose I had better design the coal stage and finish the loco shed soon!
In response to those who want photos I hace now negotiated to borrow my parents digicam (which is much better than mine) and use their computer to set everything up.
Well the fiddle yard is now finished at the construction level and scenic construction has started. I have been using Hydrofibre. a Belgian landscaping medium to create the cliff faces and landscape and have to say I am quite pleased with the results. The road at the back has been completed and the flocking completed.
Unfortunately work has been delayed owing to having to do routine maintainence on St. Lauren followed by a trip to Potter Heigham in deepest Norfolk with it last weekend.
The next stage is to sort the track out, a mixture of Fleischmann an Peco, and to trial my own strange design for uncoupling Fleiscmann profi couplings. More on that when I have perfected it.
Well thats it for now, as it appears winter has arrived I can really get on with it.
Well the frame for the plank is now all cut and awaitng assembly, the heat at the weekend being a bit too much for glueing as the glue was cureing before I could get the timbers aligned. I did make a few trees for the scenic section and measured up for the road bridge which will act as the scenic break. The loco selection has now been made and will include the English Electric 350hp shunter, a heavily modified Black Anna and a Warship. It is after all designed to be my playing at home layout. Nether Sennet is still on hold as the ply is currently stored elsewhere and I need to measure up the existing fiddle yard we have before cutting the access holes.