Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

entry 9 Mar 2013, 01:05

Attached Image

This is the first baseboard for Ripley station. Measures 5" x 2" with folding legs and as you can see has nice pink wood, (recycled from girls unwanted bedroom shelfs) which has quickly been painted over black. The uprights will support the backscene and front scenery former, they will be trimmed down when i build the landscape. The control panels are made from hardboard with track diagram painted on, they are hinged for easy access when wiring switches in etc. The hardboard either side of the chipboard centre is temporary whilst i plan where everythings going. The second baseboard will be the same size with 2 legs, and shall be connected with split hinges.

Attached Image

Front scenery former in place, road bridge, platform and retaining wall made from hardboard. I have made a full size track plan on wall lining paper.
Attached Image

The Booking office was on Nottingham Road, i dont have any pictures of the rear of the building, so a bit of guess work, until a picture turns up. Anyone have any info they would like to share?
Attached Image
Im going to do the chimney again, im not happy with it.
Attached Image
picture. M.King

entry 3 Mar 2013, 20:51
Ripley Station
Midland Railway type 2a platform signal box, scratchbuilt from slaters plasticard.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Heres the real thing, in 1956, photo D.Lawrence.

Attached Image
Midland Railway Centre, demonstration signal box interior, these pictures were used to build the model.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

entry 3 Mar 2013, 18:12
Ripley Station platform buildings, scratchbuilt using slaters plasticards.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

The roof tiles are made from strips of card.
Attached Image
Ripley station with the Derby bound platform buildings. SLS Derbyshire and Notts Rail Tour, 21.04.56. Photo J.J.Davis
Attached Image
Ripley station 1968 with the Butterley bound platform buildings. The tracks have been lifted. Photo M.A.King

SMTWTFS

Search My Blog