> Medway Model Railway show, Chatham, Weekend of 11th & 12th of September
FUNGUS
post 26 Aug 2010, 21:16
Post #1

Sporting a face of Fungal Fuzz
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 3,440

Just a quick heads up to let you all know that the penquins (Brian Consadine, BritHO & myself) will be exhibiting St. Laurent en Ardennes at the Medway Model Railway Show in Chatham on the weekend of the 11th & 12th of September. We will also have with us the Euroscale sales stand, purveyors of fine new and used European rolling stock. New scenics, tools, electronics, model road vehicles and other useful model railway stuff.

Come and say hello, we don't bite!

Details of show

Organised by the Medway & Thames Modelling Group.

Fort Pitt Grammer School
Fort Pitt Hill
Chatham
Kent
ME4 6TJ

--------------------
Steve

St Laurent en Ardennes

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. In the first stage of life the mind is frivolous and easily distracted, it misses progress by failing in consecutiveness and persistence. This is the condition of children and barbarians, in which instinct has learned nothing from experience." George Santayana.

Can't wait for the weekend. I mean, come on, after Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F!
Go to the top of the page

+
post 27 Aug 2010, 14:56
Post #2

Chief mouser
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 706

QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 26 Aug 2010, 21:16) *
Organised by the Medway & Thames Modelling Group.

That's the fellers! rolleyes.gif

Regards

--------------------
Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever
A Penguin is for life - not just elevenses
Dave Saffery
Haine Road
Nether Sennett

+
FUNGUS
post 27 Aug 2010, 16:15
Post #3

Group Icon

I'll be the one NOT fetching lifting & carrying due to recent op, which only leaves supervising!

--------------------
Steve

St Laurent en Ardennes

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. In the first stage of life the mind is frivolous and easily distracted, it misses progress by failing in consecutiveness and persistence. This is the condition of children and barbarians, in which instinct has learned nothing from experience." George Santayana.

Can't wait for the weekend. I mean, come on, after Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F!

+
Brian Considine
post 27 Aug 2010, 20:54
Post #4

No Longer Active.
Group Icon

Member No.: 702

QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 27 Aug 2010, 16:15) *
I'll be the one NOT fetching lifting & carrying due to recent op, which only leaves supervising!

Is tea/coffee too heavy ?

+
FUNGUS
post 27 Aug 2010, 20:57
Post #5

Group Icon

Ah but then Id be a risk of staining my rather fetching surgical corset!

--------------------
Steve

St Laurent en Ardennes

+
Mike Pyers
post 28 Aug 2010, 09:31
Post #6

The black and white cat
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,674

Hello Penguins Best of luck at the show unfortunately will not be in the area that weekend if it was a few weeks later then yes. Please say hello to Chathem for me, I was drafted there in 1977 to do my leading hands leadership course. Happy memories, loved the pubs.
Mike

--------------------
Life in a blue suit!

+
Brian Considine
post 28 Aug 2010, 09:39
Post #7

No Longer Active.
Group Icon

Hi Mike - will do.

+
post 29 Aug 2010, 22:44
Post #8

Ticket Collector

Member No.: 8,411

Shame it's that weekend as I'm on holiday or else I would definitely have come along.

+
post 30 Aug 2010, 13:38
Post #9

Chief mouser
Group Icon

Member No.: 706

QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 27 Aug 2010, 20:57) *
Ah but then Id be a risk of staining my rather fetching surgical corset!

Possibly too much information........

Regards

--------------------
Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever
A Penguin is for life - not just elevenses
Dave Saffery
Haine Road
Nether Sennett

+
Brian Considine
post 5 Sep 2010, 08:51
Post #10

No Longer Active.
Group Icon

Just a reminder that the show is next weekend - hope to see some MRF members there.

+
Brian Considine
post 10 Sep 2010, 08:06
Post #11

No Longer Active.
Group Icon

Just bumping this up to remind members that this show is this weekend.

+
Mercator II
post 10 Sep 2010, 15:43
Post #12

garage hobbit!!!

Member No.: 724

Too far south for me unfortunatly, good look to all the Penguins and all others attending, just one request, please remember a camera this time!

--------------------
Brian

'Lincolnshire Honorary Penguin'

'Now get off the computer and do some modelling!!!!'

Followed with a nice Fursty Ferret and a curry, Quack Quack!!

'Proud Winner of the May 2012 Caption Competition'

+
Sir Dubalot
post 10 Sep 2010, 19:55
Post #13

Noob, but I try my best...........

Member No.: 8,314

Wish I could make this but a bit far sorry, all the best.

Willy............

--------------------

+
Brian Considine
post 10 Sep 2010, 21:17
Post #14

No Longer Active.
Group Icon

Thanks for the well wishes - BRITHO has his camera this time !

+
FUNGUS
post 13 Sep 2010, 11:53
Post #15

Group Icon

Overall a good show with non railway themed exhibitors as well as model railways. We rolled up on Friday evening and got set up ready for the show, managing to get the van/trailer combo parked right close to an access door close to our stand, which always helps, more so this time out as Im unable to do any strenuos activity due to my recent operation. Once everyhting was carried in by Dave (Britho)and Brian (Consadine). I set to putting out the stock on the sales stand. Brian and Dave then concentrated on setting up St Laurent.

Saturday morning arrived and a small queue was waiting to be given access to all the goodies within. The morning continued to be well attended but after lunch attendance dropped off considerably, probably due in no small part to other events in the area. There were several very interesting exhibits including Medway modellers remote control 1/16th scale tanks with full sound and recoiling gun turret, brilliant!

We were very nearly involved in an RTA on the way home on Saturday when a ****head pulled out of the coned off roadworks in front of the van in front of us causing him and Brian to slam on the brakes. If you ever doubt the effectiveness of German engineering I can vouch for the power of a T5's brakes! Brain tells me he didn't apply full power and yet pulled up from speed to an almost dead stop in what seemed like a sixpence! ( I won't say how fast we were going!!!!)

Sunday was a repeat of Saturday but with less numbers. This is in no way unusual for any show so if you don't enjoy crowds Sunday is the better bet. It was nice to be able to wander round and look at other exhibits and trade stands without risking injury by back pack! Dave took pictures and will post them when he can.

I didn't have much money and managed to lose a tenner, which after several hours of me moaning and the drive back to base on Saturday night was given back to me as Dave had found it, he and Brian deciding to see how long they could wind me up for, thanks guys!

Despite me being out of action in the fetching and carrying dept. a record was achieved whilst packing up on Sunday night, 2 hours 40 mins from show close to driving off site.

I bought a mug from from the German Railway society and a sheet of graffitti transfers and a BR southern region cap badge (Still looking for a cap)
Dave bought a small station builing and Brian picked up some nice Danish railway coaches as well as some other bargains.

--------------------
Steve

St Laurent en Ardennes

+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 20:04