> Model Building Exterior Lighting ?
TonyDaly
post 2 May 2011, 11:32
Post #1

Station Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,256

Hello Everyone.
I am looking for information on where I can get suitable lights for the exterior of railway buildings in OO or N gauge in BR days. I have seen a few examples of yard lights etc but what I am looking for is the type of simple light you might find over the door of a signal box or entrance door to a goods shed etc.I'm sure you know the type with the simple round shade.Anything I have seen seems very big for OO gauge so perhaps an N gauge light might be better if such a thing exists ?.
I was thinking of something like the ECKON EL10M which is currently available on E bay but the diameter of the shade is 8mm which works out at 24" in OO gauge which is far to big. If anyone has any ideas of a suitable alternative or suggestions on where I could find something suitable I would be grateful for their advice.
So far I have seen the following.

http://www.layouts4u.net/O%20and%20OO%20Ga...ghting.htm#yard
http://www.kyteslights.com/index.php?cPath=24
http://patronicslamps.co.uk/default.aspx

Don't know if I've missed any others.

Cheers & Thanks.

--------------------
Regards.
Tony.
South West Ireland.

The only stupid questions are the one's you don't ask.

Go to the top of the page

+
Martin71
post 2 May 2011, 12:43
Post #2

Footplate Inspector
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 1,830

Hi

You missed the one of the most prototypical one of the lot. See link

https://clarahost.clara.net/www.bromsgrovem...m?categoryId=52

They are at the bottom of the page. Made by DCC Concepts they are wall lamps for mounting on buildings.

Martin

+
Richard Johnson
post 2 May 2011, 13:14
Post #3

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

*** Tony, Apart from the classic gas lamp that was converted quite often to electric use we are also about to release the classic BR Swan neck electric station lamps with the matching wall lamps - they are very accurate indeed - down to the bulb cover globe size which was actually quite large. Expect release in about 2 weeks with delivery in about 4...

Richard

--------------------

Direct honest advice from DCC & Modelling experts
Ph +61 8 9437 2470 or
sales@dccconcepts.com

+
TonyDaly
post 2 May 2011, 20:59
Post #4

Station Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,256

QUOTE (Martin71 @ 2 May 2011, 13:43) *
Hi

You missed the one of the most prototypical one of the lot. See link

https://clarahost.clara.net/www.bromsgrovem...m?categoryId=52

They are at the bottom of the page. Made by DCC Concepts they are wall lamps for mounting on buildings.

Martin

Hi Martin.
I knew about Richards lamps but I was looking for the simple swan neck type wall lights which he doesn't have at present even though as you see he will have soon. I didn't want anything fancy just a bog standard wall light.

QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 2 May 2011, 14:14) *
*** Tony, Apart from the classic gas lamp that was converted quite often to electric use we are also about to release the classic BR Swan neck electric station lamps with the matching wall lamps - they are very accurate indeed - down to the bulb cover globe size which was actually quite large. Expect release in about 2 weeks with delivery in about 4...

Richard

Hi Richard.
Thats good news.Look forward to their release. The reason i wanted something simple is because I don't want to be tied to any particular region as I like to run whatever takes my fancy rolleyes.gif I suppose I could have used the undecorated wall lights.

--------------------
Regards.
Tony.
South West Ireland.

The only stupid questions are the one's you don't ask.

+
Richard Johnson
post 3 May 2011, 06:10
Post #5

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

*** The nice thing about our lamps is that the clear "glass area" is actualy a material that is not affected by solvents, so if you repaint into ANY colour and make a small error, then you can remove the error from the "glass" area with any thinners with no problems.

They are actually quite easy to paint tidily as the lamp frame is not part of the glass area - its a separate frame in etched brass, so using just the side of the bruch tip loaded lightly with properly thinned paint its paintable perfectly in one pass...

I'm pretty proud of it as its the finest "folded etch" I have ever seen - dead scale and less than 5 thou thick, and the whole frame is one continuous etch!

Regards

Richard

--------------------

Direct honest advice from DCC & Modelling experts
Ph +61 8 9437 2470 or
sales@dccconcepts.com

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 14:24