> Bachmann 2-6-2 Ivatt tank
11B
post 26 Jun 2011, 13:13
Post #1

Passed Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,848

Hi all,

With Bachmann's rerelease of their Ivatt 2mt tank (31-457 and the like), but is it still with the split chassie question.gif

Assuming that it is, I was woundering if any of you know if it is possable without to much modification to fit the body onto the Standard 3mt tank chassie that has DCC provisions (31-976A and the like)

This is of course assuming that the wheels are the same size question.gif

Many thanks

Ian

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+
butler-henderson
post 26 Jun 2011, 20:00
Post #2

Engine Driver

Member No.: 3,211

Still split chassis = doubt the 3MT chassis would fit.

+
34C
post 26 Jun 2011, 21:31
Post #3

In depth idiot

Member No.: 1,818

The class 3 tank has larger wheels (5'3" instead of 5' nominal diameter) and being that bit bigger all around will probably make it an awkward job to achieve a good fit for its' chassis under the class 2 tank.

But, what will fit without a doubt is the chassis from Bachmann's model of the Ivatt class 2 2-6-0. Will require DIY to add the trailing pony truck, but otherwise the chassis is right, the LMS class 2 tender and tank locos had the same chassis apart from the trailing pony truck. I just took a quick look on Hattons site, and they have a version of the class 2 2-6-0 cheaper than any BR std 3MTT too...

All that said the split chassis mechanisms are awkward rather then difficult to modify for DCC control.

+
11B
post 27 Jun 2011, 20:35
Post #4

Passed Fireman

Member No.: 4,848

QUOTE (34C @ 26 Jun 2011, 21:31) *
The class 3 tank has larger wheels (5'3" instead of 5' nominal diameter) and being that bit bigger all around will probably make it an awkward job to achieve a good fit for its' chassis under the class 2 tank.

But, what will fit without a doubt is the chassis from Bachmann's model of the Ivatt class 2 2-6-0. Will require DIY to add the trailing pony truck, but otherwise the chassis is right, the LMS class 2 tender and tank locos had the same chassis apart from the trailing pony truck. I just took a quick look on Hattons site, and they have a version of the class 2 2-6-0 cheaper than any BR std 3MTT too...

All that said the split chassis mechanisms are awkward rather then difficult to modify for DCC control.

Well done 34C, I never even thought about the Ivatt tender loco clap.gif

Many thanks

Thanks also to you to butler-henderson

Ian

--------------------

+
nick lamkin
post 30 Jun 2011, 22:59
Post #5

Railway_Cuttings

Member No.: 5,064

I have a Bachmann Ivatt 2-6-2T which is cut and shut model made from a Bachmann Ivatt class 2 2-6-0 and the rear part of the 2-6-T. So it has the better detailed fotoplate and boiler and better chassis of the 2-6-0.
This is an expensive way of making a decent Ivatt tank - a sort one for the price of 2.

Nick

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 09:45