Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> About this Guest posting area

We allow guests to post here with certain conditions.

You may use this area:

- If you have a problem registering or if you are waiting for your validation email. You may post here in the meantime.
- If you have a quick query, but don't want to register just yet.

You may NOT use this area:

- To start long and complex topics that are better suited to the members' areas. Rather, register first and find a more suitable area.
- If you are going to post negative or provoking topics in this guest area. Please register and find a more suitable section.

Please note that IP addresses are monitored and any person causing intentional disruption will have their address banned.
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> roco multimaus, How to use it
Treas
post 11 Aug 2011, 11:00
Post #1

Baggage Porter

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,721

sad.gif

Hello fellow Footplate-rs,

Is there any one out there that uses a Rocco Multimaus and knows it well enough to explain to one how to program each loco onto the grid. I am having trouble digesting the instructions and can only run all the locos on cv3. I would like to told the step by step way to program each engine on a separate cv please,

Just a written step by step will do , I will be your humble servant.

Treas
Go to the top of the page

+
butler-henderson
post 11 Aug 2011, 17:59
Post #2

Engine Driver

Member No.: 3,211

Is it still in German? You need to change it to English (3.2 page 50 of the instructions - if its in German it will help to glance at the German pages to see what the display will be showing ie 3.2 on page 21)

There are 2 steps to asigning locos in the Multimaus - 1 naming it, and 2 setting the CV if necessary

When you name it you have to tell it the CV1 address but it does not program it. Many people use the loco number as the name but I prefer a visual descripton ie class where possible. This is set out on pages 37-38. Actually programming CV1 is set out on pages 42-43.

Th

+
DJH584
post 11 Aug 2011, 18:11
Post #3

Passed Fireman

Member No.: 7,329

butler-henderson

I had a look at that manual and its relevant pages - it might as well have been written in double dutch - I certainly didn't understand it and the OP certainly doesn't understand it.

If you can give the OP a step by step instruction to achieve what he/she wants to achieve, I have no doubt that will be most helpful.

Regards

David

--------------------
David & Lynda

+
Suzie
post 11 Aug 2011, 20:06
Post #4

Footplate Inspector

Member No.: 5,367

Here goes with a step by step guide.

1. Make sure there is only the loco you want to program on the track (unless you have a separate programming track).

2. Press and hold the [MENU] button for ten seconds until the display changes.

3. Use the arrow buttons (either side of the [STOP] button) to choose 'PROGRAM'

4. Press [OK]

5. Use the arrow keys to select 'CV MODIFICATION'

6. Press [OK]

7. Press [1] (to select CV1, the address CV).

8. Enter the address you want to use (1 - 99)

9. Press [OK]

Job done!

--------------------
Suzie x

+
post 11 Aug 2011, 20:25
Post #5

Chief mouser
Group Icon

Member No.: 706

Suzie,

with regards to step 8 shouldn't that read 1-9999?

Regards

--------------------
Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever
A Penguin is for life - not just elevenses
Dave Saffery
Haine Road
Nether Sennett

+
Suzie
post 11 Aug 2011, 20:54
Post #6

Footplate Inspector

No, CV1 can take a value 0-255, but the Multimaus will only address short addresses 1-99. Values 129-227 are valid as well but are only used if the motor is wired the wrong way round.

The Multimaus will work with long addresses 100-9999, but there is a slightly different programming method. Here are the steps for setting a long address.

1. Make sure there is only the loco you want to program on the track (unless you have a separate programming track).

2. Press and hold the [MENU] button for ten seconds until the display changes.

3. Use the arrow buttons (either side of the [STOP] button) to choose 'PROGRAM'

4. Press [OK]

5. Use the arrow keys to select 'LONG ADDRESS'

6. Press [OK]

7. Enter the address you want to use (100 - 9999)

8. Press [OK]

Job done

--------------------
Suzie x

+
Treas
post 12 Aug 2011, 13:05
Post #7

Baggage Porter

Member No.: 10,721

rolleyes.gif

Thanks Suzie and all others for their help and input, you are great

Treas

+
butler-henderson
post 12 Aug 2011, 19:25
Post #8

Engine Driver

Member No.: 3,211

If you find programming CVs with the multimaus awkward and the lack of it reading back CVs a pain then try the Decoder Pro software with a suitable interface such as a Sprog

+
Suzie
post 13 Aug 2011, 19:51
Post #9

Footplate Inspector

Unfortunately the Multimaus will only read CVs if you connect it to the Roco programming track interface, or if you use it as a controller attached to another command station like a Lenz LZV100.

That said, the number of times I have needed to read CVs can be counted on one hand.

--------------------
Suzie x

+
Paul Shiels
post 3 Mar 2012, 07:49
Post #10

Baggage Porter

Member No.: 12,197

For Christmas my two sons, well established in their own careers, gave me a Roco Model Train Starter Kit to take up model trains in retirement. When I was much younger analogue model trains were my hobby and the interest is still there.

So whatís the problem you may ask? Itís the change to digital that is my biggest headache. I have a Roco MultiMAUS which I seem to have problems with. Iíve read the instructions and even tried the reply given by ĎSuzieí in the step-by-step answer above. But, I seem to be doing something wrong. Iím trying to program a decoder into a turnout (points we used to call them in Australia) and an uncoupler. So, what am I doing wrong?

It is alright up to step 6 of Suzieís answer, but then as I press 1 for CV1 the 1 flashes and when I continue on to enter the address it (e.g. 2) the number 2 flashes against the 1 making it 12. Then if I press OK it goes onto V - - 0 (flashing). By the way, I have read the instructions that come with the decoder about moving the turnout and uncoupler five times manually to ensure the decoder is ready for programming.

So, if I am doing something wrong please tell me. From reading the instruction book which seem to me hard to follow. It says that programming turnouts and uncouplers are done through the LOCO Menu in the CV program. So, what am I doing wrong? If you are out there Suzieís I need yourís and others help to work this programming of MultiMAUS out! Thank You

Paul

+
Steve Cook
post 3 Mar 2012, 20:37
Post #11

Fireman

Member No.: 6,005

I switch on power to Multimaus with no loco on the track, the display is { New ? } as shown here inside of brackets with a loco symbol.
Press the OK star button on handset and screen clears so now type in the loco Libaray reference you want to use. Example I will use 61250 press OK button on handset.
Then the screen shows { L 5 }press OK button on handset the address of CV1 is 5 on my handset or enter the CV number you want to use, short addresses 1-99 normally.
The screen then shows { SS 128 } which is the speed step of 128 this can be changed { 14 28 128 } by pressing the arrow keys next to the stop key although I would recomend you leave it at 128.
The loco is now entered in the Multimaus handset Libaray and can be run assuming the chip is programed to use CV1 = 5 which I normally do beforehand using Lokprogrammer but Suzi`s method will do that using Multimaus.

On my test track plank I have a Traintronics point and signals which Multimaus can program.
The traintronics point only uses 2 CV`s these are CV1 which is the same range as the loco addressses on the multimause.
CV2 which is the traintronic operating sense to match the point open or closed positions indicated on the display to the actual point position.
Having fitted the point and wired it up correctly.
I switch on power to Multimaus with no loco on the track, press shift and menu keys together and display { LOCO } shows.
Press right arrow key and { Program } is displayed then press the OK star button on handset.. you get { CV modification } this scrolls across, press the OK star button on handset.
The display shows {CV } with a flashing prompt input the CV register value you want to program .. in this case CV1 and press ok.
The display shows { V= 3 } which is the default value of 3 and is flashing enter the value you require I choosed 9. Press ok and the display fleetingly shows { programing } before going back to { CV modification }.
Note if you enter this register CV1 again the actual value will still be the default 3 and not the 9 I entered because Multimaus does not read the values in the chip but will write them.
The next CV to adjust in my case because the operating sense was wrong is CV2 and to change the sense for traintronics a value of 128 is either added or removed dependant on what is there in CV2.
As Multimaus does not read the chips it is better to program the register CV2 twice. Once to give it 128 and then see if it has the correct sense if it has fine your done. IF not set to 0 and check again.
Press right arrow key and { Program } is displayed then press the OK star button on handset.. you get { CV modification } this scrolls across, press the OK star button on handset.
The display shows {CV } with a flashing prompt input the CV register value you want to program .. in this case CV2 and press ok.
The display shows { V= 4 } Which in this case is just a rubbish value so I over type 128 and press ok then check the sense using the Multimaus to operate the point.

Hope this helps.

+
Paul Shiels
post 4 Mar 2012, 22:17
Post #12

Baggage Porter

Thanks very much Steve. I'll try that and let you know how I go.

+
Paul Shiels
post 15 Mar 2012, 06:21
Post #13

Baggage Porter

Well I am at a loss to understand this MaultiMAUS at all. Sorry Steve I couldnít get it to work. Not your fault Ė just my lack of understanding of the digital system. It seems that although I was brought up in the analogue days, I just cannot grasp this digital system at all. Itís like mobile phones to me. Theyíre just too advanced for me to keep up with the technology. Iíll just have to get someone to teach me the basics. Thanks for your help. Paul

+
David Todd
post 15 Mar 2012, 07:47
Post #14

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 11,373

Morning.... smile.gif ...

.Where do you live ?

Maybe someone near, could spent a little time with the basics.......Screen share,or Skype ?? smile.gif

--------------------
........dt........

Link below,is to my layout, Dover Priory and Town Yard.Kent Uk
http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...showtopic=20477

]Click this link and watch my Naff Video Company,clips,of my layout
http://www.youtube.com/user/ferriesdover/videos

+
Long funnel ...
post 15 Mar 2012, 08:31
Post #15

Longfunnelled&tiresome

Member No.: 10,630

QUOTE (Paul Shiels @ 15 Mar 2012, 06:21) *
I couldnít get it to work. Not your fault Ė just my lack of understanding of the digital system....I just cannot grasp this digital system at all. Itís like mobile phones to me. Theyíre just too advanced for me to keep up with the technology. Iíll just have to get someone to teach me the basics.

Ah! Sounds familiar.
I rang up the mobile phone Helpline and the lady said "why don't you get one of your grandchildren to show you..."

Seriously - about CV programming and digital train running, I find the £60 Sprog (link: http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/) coupled with the laptop (OK with these?) really good for CV programming and for train running.
I started with Gaugemaster Prodigy DC equipment but the Sprog plus the free JMRI software seems far more comprehensive.

LF&T

+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 08:26