Model Railway Forum banner

TCDD 45161 Turkish Railways Class 45000

10K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Saint Johnstoun 
#1 ·

Hornby have produced an exclusive and limited (only 200 pcs) 8F for Proses with TCDD 45161 plates. This loco is the sister of TCDD 45160 which is currently operational on the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway in UK.

There is a limited number of the models available so get in touch with Proses if you are interested (Email: info@proses.com).

See less See more
#6 ·
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 28 Dec 2011, 20:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Somehow, I doubt if it's 3.5mm.
Certainly not if it comes from H

Regards

#7 ·
QUOTE (jim s-w @ 28 Dec 2011, 19:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What scale is it? If it's 4mm scale it's only of any use to those modelling uk preservation lines really

Cheers

Jim

How true unfortunately.

Its nowhere near a TCDD class 45150. Solely done as Jim rightfully puts it ...a preservation loco......besides its OO scale....not my cup.
Nice try tough.

Erkut

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dear members,

Here is some brief infomation about the loco.

This model is an exclusive, limited TCDD 45161 version of Hornby OO scale R3026 8F which is released this month. Bodies manufactured in the same lot with new tooling and more details than the pevious 8Fs. After the printing process which are different for both, R3026s are shipped to Hornby, Margate and TCDD 45161s shipped directly to Proses, Istanbul from China at the same time.

The idea came out at the end of 2010. That time we did not know that Hornby was planning a more detailed version of 8Fs. So, we were stucked to old production 8F for our TCDD version. It was a chance to catch the new production. So, our project started in the beginning of 2011 and we began delivering the locos to our members these days at the end of the year. There were some delays at the production as Hornby used a new mold and tooling. So, we had to wait almost a year. Now we are happy to have them here just a few days before new year.

Here, I should thank dear Simon Kohler of Hornby who signed each certificate individually which is in fact much different than the certificates with printed signatures. I can guess it should be boring for him as I signed the other part. But I think this gives an additional value to the loco.

The design of the box belongs to Melih Aktop who is fellow member of our club. I should also thank Clive Hanley who gave his permission to use the photographs of the sister engine 45160 on the box which is currently operational in UK with TCDD plates.

As you may see this project had lots of contributions from different people gathered.

Regards,
Harun Yamanlar

#11 ·
By the way, I would like to say that this year we will be in Nurnberg Toy Fair as a participant.

As some of you already know, we are producing some interesting range of model railroading tools and accessories. You may see some pictures and videos of them at below link.

http://www.proses.com/distributors/index.html

If you have any plans to visit Nurnberg Toy Fair you are more than welcome to visit us at hall 4A booth # B-235 and have a cup of coffee. (only model train manufacturers in this hall, so you can't miss)

I am always keen to get suggestions of end users on our products.

Hope to see some of you there.

Harun

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Unfortunately it is only accurate (or nearly so) for the locomotive in its preserved state. For a start even the preserved example is right hand drive and the model retains left hand drive.

I produced my own TCDD 8Fs some time ago - both versions, complete with air reservoirs and westinghouse pumps plus both are RHD.

When I have deleted some of my previous attachments I will post photos.

If you go here you will find photos.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php...__fromsearch__1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.