Reply to this topicStart new topic
> bachmann travelling post office coach
db ice 3
post 25 Mar 2012, 14:46
Post #1

Passed Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,421

bachmann item 374-901 the travelling post office coach in royal mail red with illuminated door lights.

i recently bought this item as i thought it looked very nice and retro. i also liked the led lights that are fitted ( only on the n-gauge model - not the OO for some odd reason ) to the sides of the "doors".

however, bachmann make the most peculiar instruction info sheets included with their items.

they inlcude a parts breakdown of the components and a list of spares should they be needed and postal and telephone contacts for bachmann. there is also a very very basic piece of paper with some rectangles drawn on it - representing i dont know what. but it shows an on/off switch but doesnt say what the switch is for - presumabley the led lights. it also says the 2 clips must be removed or the decoder may be destroyed!.

bachmann if you see this!!! :-

1st off all, How do you get the body off the chassis / or access to this circuit board bachmann? - instructions on how to open the model would be very useful - i can see some people ending up breaking it.

2nd. please explain that the coach can or cannot be used on a dcc layout as it is. and that a decoder does or doesnt need to be fitted for dcc.

3rd. which wires goes to which contacts on the circuit board if a decoder is fitted???. there are 6 solder points but nothing to say which wire goes where!!!

i have never ever seen a product with such poor information for operating/using it.

i can see people putting this onto a dcc layout and maybe blowing the leds, breaking the lugs that hold the body to the chassis and all sorts of other problems due to a lack of clear and simple to understand instructions.

if anyoone else here does have the item and wants help, iv finally fathomed it out, let me know and im happy to explain how to open it, what you ll find inside etc and the decoder issue.

this coach is also fitted with a very nice electrical pickup system. every wheel is collecting power and passes this thru an axle contact up to the chassis above, with practically no drag effect, free spinning wheels/axles and a very very stable power collection. ALL locos could utilise a system like this using every wheel to collect power and help to unsure smooth running!.
i want to buy some of the bogies that are fitted to this coach and use the components for coach lighting elsewhere!.

rant over, but Bachmann, please provide decent instructions!!!. the supplied ones for this item are useless - you might as well not bother and save the paper/cost etc.
Go to the top of the page

+
pakirk
post 15 Apr 2012, 13:03
Post #2

Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,214

I guess you are alone with this one. How are you getting on, any luck?
Go to the top of the page

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 04:46