Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bachmann V1/3 No. 31-602, Loose top
The Siver Fox
post 5 Oct 2012, 15:55
Post #1

Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,470

I have just purchased a second hand V1/3 Class 2-6-2T loco.
It has a loose body. I have studied the on-line instructions and
cannot see what keeps the body on. It has a snug fit at the front end.
At the back there is nothing to 'hook' or screw into.
There are a few items missing like the brake rods 600-114, but this
in no way affects any fastening as it is only superficial.
Hope to get a reply.
Go to the top of the page

+
34C
post 5 Oct 2012, 22:52
Post #2

In depth idiot

Member No.: 1,818

At the front a projection from the front of the plastic keeper plate engages in a slot under the smokebox to retain the body. (The keeper plate hooks around lugs on both ends of the split chassis castings so finishes quite high up; the projection at the front is easily snapped off - guess how I know this - but the body is typically a tight enough fit over the chassis to stay in the right place, and if nto may be wedged with a few folds of paper between chassis and smoke box inside.)

At the rear, there is a screw into a moulded boss under the cab. If you look at the rear pony truck about halfway between the pivot and axle, there is a hole in the truck beam which roughly aligns with the securing screw head.

+
The Siver Fox
post 6 Oct 2012, 08:48
Post #3

Fireman

Member No.: 5,470

At the front a projection from the front of the plastic keeper plate engages in a slot under the smokebox to retain the body. (The keeper plate hooks around lugs on both ends of the split chassis castings so finishes quite high up; the projection at the front is easily snapped off - guess how I know this - but the body is typically a tight enough fit over the chassis to stay in the right place, and if nto may be wedged with a few folds of paper between chassis and smoke box inside.)

At the rear, there is a screw into a moulded boss under the cab. If you look at the rear pony truck about halfway between the pivot and axle, there is a hole in the truck beam which roughly aligns with the securing screw head.

Thanks 34C, you have given valuable advice to me once again.
I now can see that at the rear end there has been a small round pillar to screw into that now has disappeared
completely and there is no trace of. It must have sheared off flush to the body. I'll try and fabricate something.
Many thanks again.
Sorry for the delay in replying NTL/Virgin crashed in this area for several hours- No broadband/TV. How did we manage?

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 13:45