Doug
post 13 Dec 2012, 10:49
Post #1

DT

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

FREE 2013 CALENDAR - see below

Casterbridge
Southampton MRS drew inspiration from Dorchester South’s unique layout for their latest ‘O’ gauge exhibition layout, and the results are astounding.

Eaglesham
Bill Auld was fired up by the Caledonian Railway, and over the last 20 years has built a remarkable 4mm scale layout set firmly in the pre-grouping era not too far away from Glasgow.

Back to Basics
Track and ballast are the foundations of a model railway, and a little care and consideration can enhance the realism of the wider railway scene.

Editorial
One month, FIVE brand new models! Mike Wild looks at what the month of November had in store and casts his views.

Update
Hornby is about to reveal its 2013 product range, Hornby Magazine announces its new limited edition steam locomotive plus a full report from the Warley show and the rest of the month’s news.

Parker’s Guide
Phil Parker returns to etched kit construction with a model of the Midland Railway’s coffin van, and shows how even relative
newcomers can build it in this step by step guide.

Keeping it clean
Lanarkshire Models and Supplies’ track cleaning attachment for the Hornby LMS brake van offers an easy and effective way of keeping railheads in pristine condition. Nigel Burkin explains how to build it and fit it to later BR brake vans.

Going ‘O’
Hornby Magazine’s latest project layout is the magazine’s first in ‘O’ gauge and, as Phil Parker discovered, it’s surprising what you can fit into a small space.

Hornby Post
Readers’ views on the big modelling issues.

Colyer Street
Set on the banks of the River Tyne, Roger Epps’ ‘OO’ layout captures the rundown of the railway in the 1960s in this highly feasible might-havebeen scene.

Digital Command Control
Paul Chetter turns his attention to the thorny problem of recreating authentic sounds in a DMU, not to mention fitting the equipment inside Bachmann’s Class 108 unit.

Reality Check
Evan Green-Hughes profiles the development and careers of the popular LNER ‘B17’ 4-6-0s, which were better known to many as ‘Footballers’.

Staff Projects
Mike Wild updates Hettle in time for the Warley Model Railway Exhibition.

Railway Realism
Urban stations aren’t nearly as popular with modellers as their rural counterparts, yet Evan Green-Hughes believes they had a lot of overlooked modelling potential and atmosphere.

Show Guide
Hornby Magazine’s definitive guide to what’s on over the coming months.

Reviews
Reviews galore in this 18 page section, including ‘N’ Blue Pullman and Class 27, ‘OO’ ‘B17’, ‘O1’ and ‘C’ - and much, much more.

Weathering
Tim Shackleton moves down a scale to tackle Bachmann’s superb ‘WD’ 2-8-0 in ‘N’ gauge and, as he explains, a slightly different approach to weathering is needed in 2mm scale.

Reader Offer
Turn to page 17 to take up Hornby Magazine’s exclusive Oxford Diecast ‘N’ gauge model bus offer.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+
MEGair
post 13 Dec 2012, 11:40
Post #2

Fireman

Member No.: 3,624

Looks Good and looking forward to reading the latest Hornby Mag project in O as I am just getting into with a small layout.
B17's, Tyne layout, Warley report + more. What more could you want.

Mark in OZ

+
BigT2207
post 14 Dec 2012, 15:20
Post #3

Baggage Porter

Member No.: 10,183

Is the magazine late as I have still not received it yet?

BigT

+
reddo
post 14 Dec 2012, 16:13
Post #4

Station Master

Member No.: 6,675

QUOTE (BigT2207 @ 14 Dec 2012, 16:20) *
Is the magazine late as I have still not received it yet?

BigT

+1

+
dwb
post 14 Dec 2012, 19:15
Post #5

Station cat
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 507

My subs copy arrived on Wednesday as usual.

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.

+
railstimulator
post 15 Dec 2012, 10:51
Post #6

Footplate Inspector

Member No.: 2,903

My sub copy arrived Thursday, release date shown in the DEC 2012 copy says 13th. Note that cover price is now £3.75

+
Ken Adams
post 15 Dec 2012, 19:49
Post #7

Baggage Porter

Member No.: 11,768

Is Zinio download version available. It is not appearing on my download list

+
adriancr
post 18 Dec 2012, 10:55
Post #8

Guard

Member No.: 3,107

Still waiting for it to appear on Zinio mad.gif

I see it is on Pocketmags already...

--------------------
Adrian

+
adriancr
post 22 Dec 2012, 14:57
Post #9

Guard

Still no Jan 2013 issue on zinio!

Also no reply from zinio Support since I submitted a support query 4 days ago!

I wonder who is to blame ... Hornby Magazine not getting the content to Zinio or Zinio sitting on the magazine content and not publishing it?

--------------------
Adrian

+
Peter Armond
post 22 Dec 2012, 19:51
Post #10

Passed Fireman

Member No.: 560

I have yet to receive the December copy so I don't expect to receive the January copy for a while.

+
adriancr
post 24 Dec 2012, 10:53
Post #11

Guard

QUOTE (Peter Armond @ 22 Dec 2012, 21:51) *
I have yet to receive the December copy so I don't expect to receive the January copy for a while.

I can understand waiting for the printed version but I am talking about the electronic version provided through www.zinio.com. Still no Jan 2013 Issue via zinio and still no reply from zinio support ...

--------------------
Adrian

+
black 5 man
post 3 Jan 2013, 14:56
Post #12

Fireman

Group: Hornby Magazine
Member No.: 1,512

Reference Zinio digital edition, I can assure subscribers that it was delivered to them on 8th December. Since spotting these complaints about non-delivery I have written to Zinio instructing them to remedy this immediately and compensate subscribers by adding an extra issue. I am not aware of any reason why they have not been able to upload the files. Normal practice would be for them to let us know if there was a problem. So far I have not had a response from them, but will keep trying.

Sincere apologies.

Black 5 man

--------------------
I may not agree with everything you say, but I defend your right to say it.

+
adriancr
post 3 Jan 2013, 15:49
Post #13

Guard

QUOTE (black 5 man @ 3 Jan 2013, 16:56) *
Reference Zinio digital edition, I can assure subscribers that it was delivered to them on 8th December. Since spotting these complaints about non-delivery I have written to Zinio instructing them to remedy this immediately and compensate subscribers by adding an extra issue. I am not aware of any reason why they have not been able to upload the files. Normal practice would be for them to let us know if there was a problem. So far I have not had a response from them, but will keep trying.

Sincere apologies.

Black 5 man

Hi Paul.
I just have to say a Very Big Thank-you to you and your team at Hornby Magazine and Key Publishing. The quick response to my query email regarding this delay and resolving the issue fully in less than 48 hours is a triumph of customer service that does you and your team credit.
Well Done!!!! clap.gif clap.gif
Regards,

--------------------
Adrian

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 17:25