Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Rail Forum News Section

New posts in this News Section will get accepted by the system, but will not appear to visible in the forum immediatly. The posts are queued for moderation. A moderator has to see the story first and then either approves it or deletes it. Once approved, it goes up on the forum and is visible to all.

If a post is not suitable for this News section, but is still interesting, it will get approved and moved right away to another more appropriate section.

If you post images in this News Section, please make sure that the first image at the top of the post (that is visible on the Forum front page) is no greater than 500 pixels wide. Any images that mess up the layout of the front page will be deleted.

Note: Model Rail Forum Administration retain full editorial control over the content published here and will edit or remove material if we deem it appropriate to do so as it is displayed on the Front Page of the Forum and is automatically linked to by other Internet sites.
14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hornby 2013 Range
Doug
post 17 Dec 2012, 12:00
Post #1

DT

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Click here for the Hornby 2013 Range

Note: This is a Powerpoint presentation saved for the web, so in this collection of information I have no control over individual images and files. As you will notice some images are very large and unfortunately that slows download times. As the CD with this info only arrived on my desk a couple of hours ago, I have not had the time to format it accordingly.

In the next few hours I will try and resize some of the larger images to speed up download times.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+
Vespa
post 17 Dec 2012, 12:21
Post #2

Driver

Member No.: 2,297

Brilliant!!! Loads of good stuff for everyone this year thumbsup.gif biggrin.gif

+
Bulleidboy100
post 17 Dec 2012, 12:27
Post #3

Guard

Member No.: 11,080

Yes! Looks like many southern modellers will be adding a third rail to there layout?

+
James Harrison
post 17 Dec 2012, 12:30
Post #4

Engine Driver

Member No.: 12,698

The P2 is going on my list... now do I want the 122 'full cream' version, or the Railroad budget 88 one?

--------------------
Trying to merge my interest in railways into my interest in Victorian science fiction.... or is it vice-versa?

+
Andrew Rolland
post 17 Dec 2012, 12:32
Post #5

Engine Driver

Member No.: 7,345

...and as per previous years, the Hornby Range has been announced via t'interweb and their website can't handle the traffic and I can't see anyting other than the egg timer that is now a circle...

+
Andrew Rolland
post 17 Dec 2012, 12:39
Post #6

Engine Driver

From the powerpoint link above (thanks)

I'll have a P2 and a Duke of Gloucester please.

And once again the LMS fan is not well catered for. Other than red and gold coaches, there appears to be hee haw else.

+
James Harrison
post 17 Dec 2012, 12:52
Post #7

Engine Driver

Member No.: 12,698

I can't believe, once again, we have the situation of putting some Gresley bogies and silver paint on Stanier coaches and passing them off as the Silver Jubilee. Granted, it is in the Railroad range, but that just drags the whole thing into the realm of being 'just a toy'. They were doing so well too... Hornby, let's not go back to the 'that'll do' days of the 1980s and early '90s...

--------------------
Trying to merge my interest in railways into my interest in Victorian science fiction.... or is it vice-versa?

+
kiwionrails
post 17 Dec 2012, 12:52
Post #8

Regional Controller
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 3,047

Some very interesting announcements there, the ones which stood out for me were:

• BR Blue Tornado
  • RR GWR Halls --> I'm guessing these are based on the Harry Potter mouldings
  • GWR Shunters Truck
  • A4 Locos
  • GWR Stars
  • The e-Link, looks like basically a SPROG-type unit designed for use with the RailMaster software (only 1A PSU though......)

--------------------
....and who said i was too young.

Cameron Dalziel

Just another teenager playing with trains. :)

My website Kiwi on Rails
And Pics

+
kiwionrails
post 17 Dec 2012, 12:53
Post #9

Regional Controller
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Andrew Rolland @ 17 Dec 2012, 12:39) *
...I'll have a P2 and a Duke of Gloucester please....

Poor Jukebox, and to think he has only just finished his ohmy.gif

--------------------
....and who said i was too young.

Cameron Dalziel

Just another teenager playing with trains. :)

My website Kiwi on Rails
And Pics

+
Andrew Rolland
post 17 Dec 2012, 13:03
Post #10

Engine Driver

Had more of a look, big moves on the Hornby DCC range. Some good stuff o.k. and I notice that they have bravely put prices up. P2 is 122.99 RRP and Dof G is 119.99, now they are not shabby prices given the development required. Well done Hornby.

With these two launched now, how a about a Turbomotive next year H, oh go on please, please, please biggrin.gif

Of course Hornby have launched the next years range now, mid Dec, to avoid Model Rail Mag from blagging it before Hornby could launch it and blame it on an 'early delivery from an enthusiastic distributior'.

No Scottish EWS 67, no BR blue Princess, no LMS livery tender locos, still waiting for the 2012 range to be finalised, i.e. Duchess of Abercorn.......that was going to be my Crimbo present from SWMBO.

+
trainsntrees
post 17 Dec 2012, 13:10
Post #11

Destroyer of Penguins

Member No.: 10,095

Hi

We should not lose sight of the fact that Hornby is a Toy manufacturer, that also makes scale models, not the other way round.
The whole point of the railroad range is to cater for the toy market, This may lead some into the model market, some will just be happy with toys, why is that wrong?

From Small acorns.....

Regards

Kal

--------------------
Regards

Kal

Arboretum Valley

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

A pat on the back, is sometimes the reconnaissance for a knife, be careful out there!

E&OE

+
jukebox
post 17 Dec 2012, 13:32
Post #12

Ex-member

Member No.: 2,175

QUOTE (kiwionrails @ 17 Dec 2012, 20:53) *
Poor Jukebox, and to think he has only just finished his ohmy.gif

Pity me not, young Cameron! The Hornby Duke is a preserved one - different tender, and not as much plumbing detail around the firebox.

And I've long expected an RTR P2 - which is why I decided I'd be painting mine black a year ago.

I say congrats to Hornby for sticking their necks out on two fairly limited prototypes. Now if they'd just do a Hush Hush... tongue.gif

--------------------
Click here Stockrington, for a link to weekly updates on my 4mm NE themed layout.

+
silky_jack
post 17 Dec 2012, 14:35
Post #13

Station Master

Member No.: 8,080

It's always good to see the new range...exciting times! wink.gif

The P2 looks really interesting and I love the A4 collection. smile.gif

--------------------

+
Purley Oaks
post 17 Dec 2012, 14:40
Post #14

Engine Driver

Member No.: 2,472

I was a bit over-excited when I posted about the 2Bil before midday, but had just seen it on the Hornby site. From the pics on the box it looks good; hope it pulls better than the 466 of a few years back. Glad to see the BR brown/cream Belle. Great news about the P2 and DoG at last.
I know that Hornby have suffered some supply problems this year but still think they're trying to do a good job by us and possibly upping their game.
The 4COR can wait! smile.gif
mal

+
HornbyCollector
post 17 Dec 2012, 14:46
Post #15

Guard

Member No.: 11,366

From what I see on the Hornby 2013 range it's mainly re-liveried on all loco's can't see anything new

But I do see more A4's and I'm happy and mad at the same time as I love collecting them but I hate paying the silly prices oh well anyone elses get what they wanted ? or disappointment ?

+

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 09:21