Reply to this topicStart new topic
> reprogramming dcc locomotives
philip webb
post 23 Oct 2013, 19:29
Post #1

Baggage Porter

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,263

I have a EZ Command Dynamis system and recently was given a couple of dcc fitted locomotives.Unfortunately they were preprogammed and I have no idea of their loco addresses and I am having some difficulty in reprogramming these locos.Is there any way of programming these back to Factory Setting 03 or do I need new decoders.

As I am new to this system I would be grateful for your input.
Go to the top of the page

+
RFS
post 23 Oct 2013, 20:34
Post #2

Station Master

Member No.: 1,748

If you configure the service track as per the Dynamis manual, you can then reset the decoders to factory defaults. Using the service track means you do not need to know the current addresses of the locos.

--------------------

+
34C
post 24 Oct 2013, 07:47
Post #3

In depth idiot

Member No.: 1,818

There's also the 'guess' option which won't do any harm. Many of us use the cabside numbers, just try those. If they are five digit, try with the first or last removed to get down to four...

However, don't let that distract you from setting up the 'service' or 'programme' track, whichever term Bachmann call it. Beyond re-addressing these two locos to a known address, this is the most important part of your DCC system when it comes to a new decoder installation, as it enables safe testing that the decoder has been installed correctly. This is a facility that every DCC set up needs.

+
doggeface
post 4 Nov 2013, 14:46
Post #4

Ticket Collector

Member No.: 373

With new arrivals it is well worth doing a general reset (all changable vaiables back to factory settings) so that you can set things to your desired values. This is done universally by setting address 8 to the value 8. The decoder address will revert to 3. This is also a useful move when mistakes have been made or even after short circuits have occurred -- this can often do some strange and unexplained things to decoders!

+
Richard Johnson
post 4 Nov 2013, 15:22
Post #5

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 703

*** No, it's not all universally CV8 = 8, although that is common.

There are decoders that are CV8 = 2, CV30 = 2... and others... It will pay to try them all if you do not know / cannot read back the manufacturers number, just to be sure.

Richard

QUOTE (doggeface @ 4 Nov 2013, 22:46) *
With new arrivals it is well worth doing a general reset (all changable vaiables back to factory settings) so that you can set things to your desired values. This is done universally by setting address 8 to the value 8. The decoder address will revert to 3. This is also a useful move when mistakes have been made or even after short circuits have occurred -- this can often do some strange and unexplained things to decoders!

--------------------

Direct honest advice from DCC & Modelling experts
Ph +61 8 9437 2470 or
sales@dccconcepts.com

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 21:26