> Traverser Table
80class
post 12 Feb 2008, 10:04
Post #1

Footplate Inspector
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 755

I know a few companies used to make OO/HO traverser tables, but I can't seem to track any down that are still in production and they seem to be as rare as hens teeth on ebay these days.

Are there any still in production? I guess it would help if I knew the correct german for traverser table!

Thanks,

Rob

--------------------
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Go to the top of the page

+
bangerblueed
post 12 Feb 2008, 12:51
Post #2

Passed Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 663

have you tried approaching any of the baseboard manufacturers ?

+
pedromorgan
post 12 Feb 2008, 12:53
Post #3

Company Chairman
Group Icon

Member No.: 163

I think walthers made one a few years back. also i think i can remember them from heljan or was it vollmer?

Peter

--------------------

+
Brian Considine
post 12 Feb 2008, 13:28
Post #4

No Longer Active.
Group Icon

Member No.: 702

QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 12 Feb 2008, 12:53) *
I think walthers made one a few years back. also i think i can remember them from heljan or was it vollmer?

Peter

Brawa certainly used to produce one - the last one we had sold on fleabay for far more than we thought ! (but then again - it did go the US of A).

+
80class
post 12 Feb 2008, 13:48
Post #5

Footplate Inspector
Group Icon

I have now found that marklin, walthers and Brawa all used to make them, but not any more. I wonder why they stopped? I remember seeing one at a show not that long ago that could actually turn a loco as well. I have no need to use it to turn anything, but I can't imagine a design like that considering the costs involved being retired from the range.

I've also noticed that they seem to be referred to as "Transfer tables" rather than "traverser tables"

Looks like I may be reduced to ebay trauling!

Thanks,

Rob

--------------------
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

+
Doug
post 12 Feb 2008, 14:03
Post #6

DT

Member No.: 2

I have done this before.

You are looking for a Schiebebühne, item #7294.

I even have an eBay search for you: click here

Prices go up to about 200 Euros. I've seen them as low as 150 Euros. Never quite got around to getting one. I'd look to see what Heljan produce this year. They are tied in to Walters so it may be a good product.

--------------------

+
ebaykal
post 12 Feb 2008, 17:52
Post #7

Regional Controller

Member No.: 1,666

Hi Rob,

One of our club members purchased a Maerklin Traverser/Transfer table from www.modellbahn-kramm.com
Item no: 7294 as Doug puts it. Price 195 Euro.
Picture as below

They had a real rough time to digitalize it.
Plus, it has an awful ear blasting sound during operation.

Baykal

--------------------

If there ain't steamers in heaven, then I ain't goin

+
80class
post 12 Feb 2008, 20:22
Post #8

Footplate Inspector
Group Icon

QUOTE (Doug @ 12 Feb 2008, 14:03) *
I have done this before.

You are looking for a Schiebebühne, item #7294.

I even have an eBay search for you: click here

Prices go up to about 200 Euros. I've seen them as low as 150 Euros. Never quite got around to getting one. I'd look to see what Heljan produce this year. They are tied in to Walters so it may be a good product.

Thanks Doug, a very useful post.

Exactly what I was looking for, out of interest I looked up Schiebebühne in an old german to elglish dictionary I have, and it means literally "Sliding platform". I will keep an eye out on ebay and see what happens. I have an awkward space at the end of my steam depot that I have always thought about having a small loco maintenance / erection shop and a transfer table will be perfect for it.

Thanks,

Rob

--------------------

+
80class
post 12 Feb 2008, 20:26
Post #9

Footplate Inspector
Group Icon

QUOTE (ebaykal @ 12 Feb 2008, 17:52) *
Hi Rob,

One of our club members purchased a Maerklin Traverser/Transfer table from www.modellbahn-kramm.com
Item no: 7294 as Doug puts it. Price 195 Euro.

They had a real rough time to digitalize it.
Plus, it has an awful ear blasting sound during operation.

Baykal

Thanks Baykal, I came across a few posts on a german forum (read using google translator!) which seemed to say similar things, although apparently there is a special decoder that works well with it for digital conversions, although I don't see the need in having it controlled by a function output, I think if I do get one I'll stick to analogue control of the table movement. It seems the Brawa model is the one to go for, if I can find one at the right price.

Has anyone else seen the transfer table I mentioned that actually turned the loco as well? I can still picture it, but can't find anything like it anywhere, I hope I haven't made it up!!!

Thanks,

Rob

--------------------

+
80class
post 12 Feb 2008, 21:02
Post #10

Footplate Inspector
Group Icon

Well well.....just picked one up off ebay! (item number 360020822786) its not in good shape, but for £34 including postage Its worth a good look! Will post back when it arrives!

Thanks to everyone who helped,

Rob

--------------------

+
ebaykal
post 13 Feb 2008, 11:39
Post #11

Regional Controller

Member No.: 1,666

QUOTE (80class @ 12 Feb 2008, 21:02) *
Well well.....just picked one up off ebay! (item number 360020822786) its not in good shape, but for £34 including postage Its worth a good look! Will post back when it arrives!

Thanks to everyone who helped,

Rob

Congrat's,

Rob are you a 3 rail man?

Baykal

--------------------

If there ain't steamers in heaven, then I ain't goin

+
80class
post 13 Feb 2008, 13:32
Post #12

Footplate Inspector
Group Icon

Nope, I'm a two rail OO/HO man, although I have converted a marklin three rail TT to two rail in the past. In general i'm not the fussy about my railway. If it looks good to me, it is good enough. However I wouldn't be able to tolerate an extra rail for no "rail" reason!

Rob

--------------------

+
80class
post 14 Feb 2008, 23:38
Post #13

Footplate Inspector
Group Icon

Well, to my surprise I came home tonight to find a large box waiting for me! The only damage was to the railing on one side of the platform, which I can easily fix. All in it looks pretty good although it did need a very good clean first. The motor is noisy, but much less so than my old hornby turntable that hit the bin a few years back.

I may need some help trying to work out exactly how the wiring works as I don’t have the original controls. Have just spent a few hours trying to track down a manual, in German or English but come up short. Everything I've located so far has referred me to either "Digital book 0308" or the manual for the steady state output marklin decoder "K-84" which apparently has a full description of how to wire the table up. If any one has one of these or knows how to find them on the Marklin site, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,

Rob

--------------------

+
80class
post 15 Feb 2008, 21:14
Post #14

Footplate Inspector
Group Icon

Scrap that cry for help, everything is working well now. As it happens the table is designed very well. Three wires, motor 1, motor 2 and the third to restart the table after arriving at a track. If you don't want the table to stop, keep the third wire live. To change direction, reverse 1 and 2.

My problems last night came from a diode that had gone short and has now been replaced.

Thanks,

Rob (Now off to cut a nice big hole in my base board!)

--------------------

+
Oakydoke
post 15 Feb 2008, 21:38
Post #15

Engine Driver

Member No.: 553

I see that Heljan have announced a Traverser to be released later this year.
I don't know if it's DCC controlled?

http://www.heljan.dk/filarkiv/billeder/3112008162124.pdf

+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 06:22