Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fleischmann Twin-Center 6802, Changing loco address
jag
post 30 Apr 2008, 15:43
Post #1

Guard

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,385

I know this should the simplest of tasks but I just cannot work out how to change the loco address using the Twin-Centre. The manual says it can be done on standard track, i.e. not a programming track but doesn't actually say how to do it. The very basic Lok-Boss does it very simply so why doesn't the Twin-Center, or am I missing something?
Go to the top of the page

+
Brian Considine
post 30 Apr 2008, 17:14
Post #2

No Longer Active.
Group Icon

Member No.: 702

Hi - the FLM TC is not the easiest to get the hang of, but once mastered its fine. Still a good bit of kit, but limited to the number of functions available, although 9 is plenty for some people (including me).

To be honest, it's not really recommended to change the locomotive address on anything but a programming track as it is easy to change the address of every locomotive on the track. Just connect the programming track connections to a spare section of clean track if you don't want to section a piece on the main layout.

Give it a try & if no go come back to us.

+
TWG
post 30 Apr 2008, 18:27
Post #3

Fireman

Member No.: 2,943

QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 30 Apr 2008, 18:14) *
To be honest, it's not really recommended to change the locomotive address on anything but a programming track as it is easy to change the address of every locomotive on the track. Just connect the programming track connections to a spare section of clean track if you don't want to section a piece on the main layout.

I do not think that with the Twin Centre there is any danger of changing the addresses of all locos. I have never used a TC, but I have an Uhlenbrock Intellibox which is largely identical (and information on the Fleischmann website shows that main track programming is the same for the TC). I assume that you are using a DCC rather than a FMZ decoder. Put the TC into programming mode, go to DCC programming, go through the various programming methods with the down arrow till you come to main track programming. You then have to put in the decoder's current address, after which only the loco with that address will be programmed. Then you simply change CV1 to the address that you want.

+
jag
post 1 May 2008, 19:19
Post #4

Guard

Member No.: 2,385

QUOTE (TWG @ 30 Apr 2008, 19:27) *
I do not think that with the Twin Centre there is any danger of changing the addresses of all locos. I have never used a TC, but I have an Uhlenbrock Intellibox which is largely identical (and information on the Fleischmann website shows that main track programming is the same for the TC). I assume that you are using a DCC rather than a FMZ decoder. Put the TC into programming mode, go to DCC programming, go through the various programming methods with the down arrow till you come to main track programming. You then have to put in the decoder's current address, after which only the loco with that address will be programmed. Then you simply change CV1 to the address that you want.

Thank you for your help but I still cannot get it to function. I got to CV1 then after the = sign put in 2 plus the return key, this got me an OK on the line above but leaving the program didn't result in the loco recognising its new address, it firmly remains 3!

+
Brian Considine
post 2 May 2008, 06:28
Post #5

No Longer Active.
Group Icon

Member No.: 702

Try a decoder reset using the programming track & try again.

What decoder are you using ?

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 12:08