Model Railway Forum banner

Moscow Model Railshow 2008

10K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  7113 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Moscow Model Railshow was in the Science Museum in the end of October. The exhibition showed the history of Russian railways in layouts and in the modells.
http://www.photohost.ru/showpicture.php?id...d=1&v=0#pic

Sorry, i tried to insert the pictures but i couldn't

Can you help me?

See less See more
#5 ·
Valdimir,
these photos are excellent, thank you for sharing them with us. I particularly like the weathering of the two steam locos in photo number 2, very realisitic and atmospheric. There are some good examples of big, locos in your photos. Are these from a Russian company?

regards
Clive

#7 ·
Thank you very much for your comments.
Some additional information.
This exhibition is every year from 25th October to 7th November, specially for children (They have school holidays in this time). At the exhibition children have the free 'master-classes' where they learn how to make grass on the layouts, trees and houses, and etc.
For example in the first picture shown the layout made by students from Ekaterinburg (Siberia).
The largest layout is module type in HO. There are parts from Moscow, St.Petersburg, Belgorod, Kiev (Ukraine) and Minsk (Belorussia).

We have companies which are producing HO and TT modells of Russian Railways of I-IV epoches:
Modell-Express (HO & TT), Teplushka (HO - I and II epoches, goods wagons), Peresvet (HO & TT), modelldepo (HO & TT). All are small-lot production. Sorry, I don't show internet address because all of them are in Russia.
We have a lot of people who makes the modells themselves.
Sorry, the N is not very popular in Russia that is why i feeling so ...

But in the next to last picture you can see the modells in N.

We have some modell shops in Moscow and St.Petersburg (may be in other cities but i don't know).
I think that some of the modells it is possible to buy but i should to talk with the owners.

In this year should be modell railshows in Ramenskoe (it is near Moscow) and in Semfiropol (Ukraine). I will try to visit Ramenskoe and make the new pictures.

PS. Special thanks to person who inserted the pictures.

#9 ·
QUOTE (Doug @ 8 Nov 2008, 18:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Vadimir, welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting the photos.

What is this one?

Looks like a WMD...

Sorry Doug, I don't know what is WMD.
I think you ask about the railway mobile launching complex.
In USSR we had some trains like this. They were made as the refrigerators or as the baggage/post wagons.

Best regards

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (Vladimir Grachev @ 8 Nov 2008, 23:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thank you very much for your comments.
Some additional information.
This exhibition is every year from 25th October to 7th November, specially for children (They have school holidays in this time). At the exhibition children have the free 'master-classes' where they learn how to make grass on the layouts, trees and houses, and etc.
For example in the first picture shown the layout made by students from Ekaterinburg (Siberia).
The largest layout is module type in HO. There are parts from Moscow, St.Petersburg, Belgorod, Kiev (Ukraine) and Minsk (Belorussia).

We have companies which are producing HO and TT modells of Russian Railways of I-IV epoches:
Modell-Express (HO & TT), Teplushka (HO - I and II epoches, goods wagons), Peresvet (HO & TT), modelldepo (HO & TT). All are small-lot production. Sorry, I don't show internet address because all of them are in Russia.
We have a lot of people who makes the modells themselves.
Sorry, the N is not very popular in Russia that is why i feeling so ...

But in the next to last picture you can see the modells in N.

We have some modell shops in Moscow and St.Petersburg (may be in other cities but i don't know).
I think that some of the modells it is possible to buy but i should to talk with the owners.

In this year should be modell railshows in Ramenskoe (it is near Moscow) and in Semfiropol (Ukraine). I will try to visit Ramenskoe and make the new pictures.

PS. Special thanks to person who inserted the pictures.

No problem Vladimir, hopefully I will be able to go on holiday to Russia at some point and have a look at some of these model shops.

WMD (weapons of mass destruction) is a term which means nuclear, chemical or biological weapon. It became popular in usage when the Bush regime lied about these as a pretext to invade Iraq.

#13 ·
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 8 Nov 2008, 22:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Vladimir and thanks for sharing the photos,

I liked the weathering on the Tank loco:

Baykal

Hi Baykal,
Yes the weathering of the Modell and the sample is very close.
To next summer they promise to print the catalog of all modells of exhibition. I'll know who made this miracle.

Vladimir

#14 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 8 Nov 2008, 23:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No problem Vladimir, hopefully I will be able to go on holiday to Russia at some point and have a look at some of these model shops.
WMD (weapons of mass destruction) is a term which means nuclear, chemical or biological weapon. It became popular in usage when the Bush regime lied about these as a pretext to invade Iraq.

Thank you Neil.
These complexes were in USSR about 30 years ago. I hope it is not 'top secret' item because we have the popular books and film about them.
I will be very glad if WMD will be only in the modells.

I hope i can send sometimes interesting information about railways, modells and people.

Yesterday the newspaper informed about begining of construction of the "Grand Layout" in St.Petersburg. This HO-Layout (the second name 'Our Russia') will be around 900 sq.meters of area with 2500 meters of railways, 300 locomotives, 3500 cargo and passenger wagons. Will be around 900 meters of Car system, 100000 trees and bushes, 5000 buildings and houses. The layout will be controlled by 22 computers.
The layout should be finished to the end of 2009 at address 16, Tsvetochnaya str., St.Petersburg, Russia.

I think they are very optimistic in view of time of construction (and money in view of econimical crisis
)
But I'll try to check the construction. We will see.

Regards,
Vladimir

#16 ·
Excellent photos Vladimir, it's nice to see that railway modelling is active in Russia. Always glad to see more, oh and welcome to the forum.

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.