gallery_507_38_90110.jpg
<< First   < Previous Next >   Last >>
South end control panel
Uploaded by: dwb On: 2 Sep 2007, 11:57
Views: 3248 · Comments: 2
File Size: 141.84K · Dimensions: 1024x768
Copyright © 2007 DB Associates. All rights reserved

Image Description
This is the local control panel for the south end of the main through station on my layout. It shows the panel before being installed at the edge of the layout roughly in line with the location of the signal box it represents. The LEDs have been "faked" to show a route from the goods yard across to the mainline at the top of the panel.

The switches are all double throw centre off with momentary action. This means that there is no current being supplied to the point motors (Fulgurex) unless the switch is being used. This in turn means that the motors can be switched by some other source - eg DCC - without interence. The feedback for the switch position comes from auxilliary microswitches on the Fulgurex so the true position of the point is always displayed. This should provide an interesting light show when the main line is set up for computerised running sometime in the distant future.

Hotlinking & BBCode
BBCode:
HTML:
Image Link:
Page Link:

> Photostrip for UK Modelling
<<
tn_gallery_507_38_12003.jpg tn_gallery_507_38_31324.jpg tn_gallery_507_38_90110.jpg tn_gallery_507_38_398233.jpg  
>>

> Comments for this image
neil_s_wood
post 18 Sep 2007, 02:36
Post #1

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 570

That's quite an impressive piece of work David.

I bet it looks great with the room lights off!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cmanvell
post 27 Oct 2007, 20:48
Post #2

Passed Fireman
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 1,290

Hi. Very interesting panel, and really neat construction, too - looks like you've got some layout there!

I was wondering how you went about constructing it as I am about to do the same sort of thing myself, though I may go for some form of route switching rather than individual point switching.

With best wihses,
Chris

--------------------
Chris M.
N & Z scale model trains Bahnhof Breitenfurt - Ost

Bavarian B VI 316 (Tristan), 1865, by Railex
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2020 - 02:09