Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hattons 4 wheel coaches
Graham Plowman
post 16 Sep 2020, 05:11
Post #1

Regional Controller

Group: Members
Member No.: 869

Just wondering what people think about the upcoming Hattons 4 wheel coaches.

Personally, I'm finding it really hard to understand why anyone would be interested in these things.

As far as I am aware, very few 4 wheel coaches survived beyond the 1920's grouping and the few that just about survived into BR days only did so as very short-lived engineers vehicles.

So unless someone is modelling a preserved railway such as the Bluebell or IOW or they are modelling pre-grouping - and I suspect that there would be very few people doing that now - I just can't see what the interest is.

Thoughts ?

--------------------
Graham Plowman
(British outline 00 - NCE PH PRO-R, Lenz 100 - DCC Sound and computer controlled signalling/interlocking of Ashprington Road with SSI software)
Go to the top of the page

+
34C
post 16 Sep 2020, 08:01
Post #2

In depth idiot

Member No.: 1,818

Hattons gave an indication of what they see as the prospective market, by illustrating trains of their 4 and 6 wheel coaches with
some of the various pre-group liveried locos that are now available (and a couple more not announced at that time!).

There are, or have recently been, available and announced, a good twenty RTR pre-group loco models in a pre-group livery. With
rare exceptions there is little in the way of RTR rolling stock to accompany these. (Hornby's six wheel bogie Pullmans possibly the
most generally useful, as they worked to 'society events' in addition to scheduled Pullman train services, so could travel widely;
and the traction would have been a bulled up express loco.) And that must be the gap that Hattons are aiming at.

All the above presumes that a fair number of their customers are happy with 'generic' rolling stock. Given the persistent popularity
of wooden bodied mineral wagons in Private Owner liveries which are cheerfully operated behind locos in BR and more recent livery
schemes, I should say that Hattons are on a safe bet there.

If the six wheel full brake approximates to one of the LNER constituent's motley collection of ancient stock, I might just paint one
black and stick it the engineer's department, for use on track maintenance trains in the BR steam period...

+
John Webb
post 16 Sep 2020, 08:23
Post #3

Railways Czar

Member No.: 144

Quite a number of locos, including Hornby and Bachmann, are supplied in pre-grouping liveries. I assume Hattons feel there is sufficient interest in old-style coaches to make their "Genesis" range viable. Could well appeal to the modeller with limited space in particular?

John

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2020 - 14:16