Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Slip Sliding Away, Bachmann's OO Introductions
34C
post 16 Sep 2020, 11:35
Post #1

In depth idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,818

I am not overly surprised that Bachmann UK have started distributing other model railway manufacturer's products under the EFE
label. Because yet again there has been significant slippage of their own product's arrival dates. It's a sad decline from what was
once a 'machine' that had a steady supply of newly tooled introductions to offer every year.

The V2 just slips back 3 months at every quarterly announcement: in other words there aren't the production slots available.
(Running EP's have been seen in the UK and gone to reviewers, so the tooling work is complete.) That says Kader consistently
have more profitable work available for their factory capacity, than what should be a rapid sell out OO loco.
Go to the top of the page

+
dwb
post 16 Sep 2020, 15:53
Post #2

Station cat
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 507

It seems whatever 'grip' Bachmann UK managed to get on their production a few years ago, when you could actually start relying on their delivery dates, has slipped away again. I too have noticed how much larger the distribution side of the business has become.

It's difficult to foresee another large steam locomotive beyond the V2 coming from them now.

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.
Go to the top of the page

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2020 - 13:10