> Hornby 2020 new models
dwb
post 6 Aug 2020, 16:51
Post #16

Station cat
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 507

Thompson pacifics relatively rare near KX.

Nice thing about Leeds Central is that it's not far from Doncaster and I've seen a few photos of locos on 'running in' turns after maintenance so the possibilities exist smile.gif.
I just have to remember if I'm running pre-war, not to have Pacifics arrive before the bridge strengthening works somewhere further south took place.

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.
Go to the top of the page

+
butler-henderson
post 6 Aug 2020, 21:07
Post #17

Station Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,211

Got my Kernow Rocket - ran fine, tried a decoder and it ran along the programming track - never seen a loco do that before. Turned out that all 6 terminals on the socket have wires to them (2 x track, 2 x motor, 2 x lights - what lights!) Enough of this nonsense by Hornby - its now CKD and will go back together with improvements that IMO it should have had in the first place. One of the immediate weaknesses of the model that comes to light when you CKD it is that the set of gears between the motor and the driving wheels are fitted on a metal rod that is only held in place by a totally accurately fitted body. Completely goes against the basis principal that a chassis should run okay without the body fitted and the first thing to tackle probably with a mixture of Araldite and a washer. Suspect that was the issue with my first Rocket.
Go to the top of the page

+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th August 2020 - 01:26