Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

entry 23 Jun 2012, 21:54
Evening, a very wet one too.
To bring things up to date. After several false starts i decided to build a layout in the garage at the moment i'm still building the baseboards . Its a challenge the garage is home to a freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer as well as other stuff. There will be 6 baseboards 3 fixed and 2 lift off and 1 hinged at the moment 2 off the fixed no's 1&2 are in place the 3rd is currently being built. I was hoping to finish the boards by the end of the month but it looks like that will over run. I've been making enquires about an NCE stater system and some basic decoders i plan to run loco's only on DCC. Points will be powered by a 24v Gaugemaster transformer.
Now a little about the layout . the baseboards are overall size 14ftx8ft so a resonable size .The theme is a GWR /LMS mainline station it is fiction some where between Bristol and Birmingham in Gloucestershire it will have features from Gloucesters 2 stations . The track plan is under consideration i've been looking at C J Freezers track plans for various places and the plan of Exeter Central yes i know that was an LSWR station . but the plan is the only one that gives me what i'm looking for. Because the the board that will take the storage 10 storage loops is hinged i will not be able to store trains on it when the layout is not in use . So with 4 tracks through the station and the sidings i will be able to store the trains on the layouts fixed boards which just happen to be the scenic ones. The trackwork is at the moment Peco code75 at least the storage loops i'm toying with idea of using C&L track for the scenic sections. we'll see i might try and build one of their point kits 'much later though. Well thats where i am now currantly funds are dictating the pace and it's not progressing as fast as i'd like i guess many of us know this all to well. Thats all for now.

« Next Oldest · PAPPA.B's Blog · Next Newest »

Comments

post 25 Jun 2012, 21:53
Comment #1

Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,813

This all sounds very interesting Pappa B.

Keep blogging and keeping us up to date. I'm always keen to hear the experiences of a fellow DCC modeller.

Kevin

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
post 27 Jun 2012, 19:06
Comment #2

Engine Driver
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 8,959

QUOTE (Kevin Appleby @ 25 Jun 2012, 22:53)
This all sounds very interesting Pappa B.

Keep blogging and keeping us up to date. I'm always keen to hear the experiences of a fellow DCC modeller.

Kevin

Hi Kevin I don't know about fellow dcc i have no system as yet but in the process i have the funds just have to decide on the supplier. Still building the baseboards ,when i've done i'll post some pictures. Cheers JIM
Go to the top of the page

« Next Oldest · PAPPA.B's Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS