Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

| Category: Model Exhibitions
entry 8 Oct 2013, 20:40
The first thing you notice on your right as you enter the building housing the Austrian section is the helix which moves trains between levels:

The first model on display is a Winter sports venue with an unusual competitor heading down the ski jump.

Being Austria, there are still mountains and bridges.

The characteristic bright red of OBB Inter City trains. You can just make out that the track is 3 rail, as was the Switzerland section.

The gondola system works on demand using a push button. These photos have been edited to improve the contrast as the light levels were quite low for taking photos.

A narrow gauge train makes its way through the snow

Another example of lights with everything

A train ferry but I don't think the ferry goes anywhere

On the other side of the building the landscape is greener. The trains traverse through multiple levels before returning to the far side

The electric fences are there for your safety - shades of Jurassic Park?

I can't resist lorry trains. This one is about to start its descent

And continues

That's all for Austria. Next stop Mittel Deutschland...

« Next Oldest · dwb's Blog · Next Newest »

Comments

post 12 Oct 2013, 05:45
Comment #1

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 570

Great pictures David, very nice. One of the things I like about places like this is that it's about fun too.

Regards

Neil

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
dwb
post 12 Oct 2013, 08:41
Comment #2

Station cat
Group Icon

Member No.: 507

One of the things I like about places like this is that it's about fun too.

It appears to be a great family attraction with something for everyone not just "dyed in the wool" train enthusiasts, unless I've misjudged the woman who took ages taking a closeup video of Chateau Chillon when I was trying to take a photo from a bit further away wink.gif

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.
post 13 Oct 2013, 00:13
Comment #3

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Member No.: 570

QUOTE (dwb @ 12 Oct 2013, 18:41)
It appears to be a great family attraction with something for everyone not just "dyed in the wool" train enthusiasts, unless I've misjudged the woman who took ages taking a closeup video of Chateau Chillon when I was trying to take a photo from a bit further away wink.gif

David

Yep, that's what I like about it. It's how I started off with model rail and I'm heading back that way again. I like all the interesting features and gimmicky things. More entertaining for those people who aren't model rail enthusiasts.

Regards

Neil

--------------------

« Next Oldest · dwb's Blog · Next Newest »