> Roco WIFI Multimouse
Anthony James
post 22 Jun 2020, 09:50
Post #1

Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,964

Hello

I am thinking of buying a Roco WIFI Multimouse, the latest one, Z21 etc.

I have a question. When these first came out in the blue colour, if the batteries ran out, then you lost all of the memory in side, and had to put your list of Loco,s in again. Is the new one the same, or does it now have a chip that remembers everything inside it if you take out the batteries or they just run out when using it?

Regards

Anthony

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+
alanoes
post 22 Jun 2020, 22:12
Post #2

Fireman

Member No.: 16,298

Hi Antony,
A good question, I have two, not sure if they're the latest model, they are black model #10813 The manual says nothing that I can see about replacing batteries only inserting them at set up.
I have had them a while and not had to change the batteries, I tend just to use them when I'm around the back of the layout where the plug in multiMaus won't reach.
I have the advantage that if I do loose the loco list, I can replace it using the "send" and "receive" options through one of my plug in hand sets.
If I'm feeling brave tomorrow, I will remove the batteries from one and see what happens.
Regards
Alan

+
Anthony James
post 22 Jun 2020, 23:10
Post #3

Fireman

Hello Alan

thanks for your quick reply. I spoke to my local hobby shop yesterday and the sales guy said that he took the batteries out of a Z21 10820 black, and it did not lose its memory, he replaced them and all was OK, hopefully that is how it works. I did have a blue one when they came out and it was annoying because if you missed seeing the flashing battery sign , it went blank and you lost everything.

I look forward to hearing how it wen on your end.

Regards

Anthony

--------------------

+
alanoes
post 23 Jun 2020, 09:53
Post #4

Fireman

Hi Antony,
I'm pleased to report that it kept all its settings and loco library when batteries were replaced thumbsup.gif
Does anyone know what differences there are between my #10813 and what appears to be the latest model #10820
Regards
Alan

+
Anthony James
post 23 Jun 2020, 23:24
Post #5

Fireman

Hello Alan

Thanks for the information. Did you turn off the MM then change batteries, or just take out the batteries when it was on? What I am trying to establish is that if the the batteries run out while it is turned on, (say you miss the flashing battery sign by being out side) and it goes dead, when you put in new ones are the memories still there?

Roco 10820 is the Z21 as far as I know, the latest MM is the one that you have, 10813, these go together.

Regards

Anthony

--------------------

+
alanoes
post 24 Jun 2020, 21:14
Post #6

Fireman

Hi Anthony,
Oh yeah, 10820 IS the Z21, had to dig out the box to check rolleyes.gif
I did switch it off first, but after seeing your reply, I just removed a battery while it was on to kill the power,
and again, pleased to report that it kept its wi fi settings and loco library
Regards
Alan

+
Anthony James
post 24 Jun 2020, 21:59
Post #7

Fireman

Hello Alan

WELL DONE, thank you. I asked so many people about this and no one could tell me, I will be definitely getting one now, thanks again.

Regards

Anthony

--------------------

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th July 2020 - 17:28