> Problems with Modelmaster Jackson Evans
RichardPugsley
post 3 Jun 2021, 15:35
Post #1

Guard

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,450

Hi all,

I am having a problem with Modelmaster Jackson Evans in Scotland. I ordered and paid for a set of 7mm BR number plates for my Heljan Large Prairie from Jim at Modelmasters in early January 2020 but he sent me a 4mm set. I returned them to him and when I rang him and spoke to him, he apologised and said that he had misread the order and that he would have to order further supplies of the necessary thickness of brass for the 7mm sets. Not long after that, of course, everything went just a little awry with the pandemic and, when I spoke to him again in the summer, he said that, obviously, he was unable to source any supplies of brass and that I would just have to wait until the factory had re-opened, which was fair enough under the circumstances. I rang him again in October and he said that he was still waiting for materials but that it should not be much longer.

In early May this year, I had neither received the number plates nor any further communication from him and, since than have rung him a total of five times but all I am getting is voice mail, so could anybody tell me if they have had any contact with Jim or received any orders because I am beginning to wonder if I will ever see the numbers or my £14.49 payment!

Any information would be much appreciated.

Richard
Go to the top of the page

+
Anthony Richards
post 3 Jun 2021, 20:32
Post #2

Fireman

Member No.: 19,794

I'm afraid that this has been covered - in many pages - on RMWeb and elsewhere, too. Unfortunately, you are by no means alone. I did receive an order that I placed eventually, but only after a number of false starts and broken promises. I considered myself lucky. I have no idea what the problem with the seller is, but assume that it's a combination of one-man band coping with a lot of orders / the pandemic / personal ill health / chronic disorganisation. All four appear to apply given other posts I've seen.

Tony

+
butler-henderson
post 4 Jun 2021, 17:44
Post #3

Station Master

Member No.: 3,211

He comes across as being quite arrogant to me; he has issued a newsletter in the past critical of the postings on RMWeb rather than being apologetic. Lost count of how many last ever sales he has had. Maybe someone to threaten with a Small Claims Court ; it worked for me on other trader who sat on rather larger amount of money rather than supplying the product.

+
RichardPugsley
post 6 Jun 2021, 15:53
Post #4

Guard

Member No.: 16,450

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I have since heard that he had to have eye surgery and is now catching up with something like 1700 orders and has no time to reply to all the queries. However, although I am sympathetic, it would not take two minutes to change the voice mail to apologise and briefly explain the situation instead of just ignoring every message which, after 17 months of waiting is becoming a little trying - to say the least! My wife and I, before we retired, used to have a celebration cake making business and I know that, if we had treated our customers like this, we would have very quickly had no business at all.

I will just have to continue to be patient!

Thanks again.

Richard

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2021 - 22:29