Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

| Category: Model Exhibitions
entry 5 Sep 2013, 21:58
This photo record of my trip to the Hamburg Miniature Wonderland continues with the second part of the Switzerland section.

Another model of a castle - this is one I don't recognise:

A quadruple headed freight spotted on the line below the castle:

I have a particular liking for Re460s in their various advertising guises. There are quite a few on the layout and this one had actually stopped so I was able to take a photo which is in focus.

A view back along Belloszona station from the foot of the stairs which lead up to the 4th floor. There is a particularly long coal train passing through the station at the bottom.

Part way up the stairs there are small "portholes" which reveal yet more models. This is of an underground station:

Climb another couple of steps and you pass this scene which puts the "Wunder" into Miniature Wonderland. It's a bit blurry because of the slow shutter speed but you get the picture.

There's a landing about two thirds the way up which just below the level of the 3rd floor ceiling. Looking back down to the entrance to the Switzerland section, you see this metre gauge station. Judging by the Golden Pass train, this is based on the line from Zweisimmen to Montreux which I travelled a few years ago.

Continuing on up the stairs this high mountain pass looms on the left. The cars appear to be selected to form a vintage run of the Mille Miglia.

On the opposite side of the stairway is this town which contains buildings from St. Moritz. The railings in the background are where visitors on the fourth floor can look down into Switzerland on the third floor.

One of steps has been left hollow so that trains can pass from one side to the other. These guys are masters at creating features you remember so that you tell your friends...

Even though we have now reached the fourth floor, there is still a large mountain for the trains to climb

Another metre gauge station

The houses in this village are typical of those found in the farthest reaches of the Graubunden

This last photo of the Switzerland section evokes, in a rather concentrated way, how the RhB lines wind their ways up and down valleys such as the Albula and the Bernina.

That's completed the section on Switzerland. Next is a brief visit to Bavaria followed by the airport.

« Next Oldest · dwb's Blog · Next Newest »

Comments

post 6 Sep 2013, 23:39
Comment #1

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 570

That's absolutely awesome David. Incredible. Look forward to Bayern. Might get some ideas for my layout. wink.gif

Regards

Neil

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
dwb
post 7 Sep 2013, 08:52
Comment #2

Station cat
Group Icon

Member No.: 507

Look forward to Bayern

Apart from one iconic building there was not much to inspire or photograph. Perhaps being squeezed between the Switzerland section and the airport reduces its appeal.

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.
post 8 Sep 2013, 22:33
Comment #3

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Member No.: 570

That's a shame. Ah well.

Regards

Neil

--------------------
post 14 Sep 2013, 21:02
Comment #4

Regional Controller

Group: Members
From: Shrewsbury, Shropshire ( where the sun always shines!)
Member No.: 3,956

Hi David,

Wow, that is a fantastic layout. Great pictures to. The rock faces and mountains looked very realistic. thumbsup.gif

Kind regards

Paul

--------------------
Kind regards

Paul

Best day of my life = Getting married to Sue my wife. Second best day! = Riding behind 37429 in Regional Railways livery thrashing away on the North Wales Coast line.

dwb
post 14 Sep 2013, 21:18
Comment #5

Station cat
Group Icon

Member No.: 507

If you ever get the chance to go to Hamburg it is definitely worth setting aside at least half a day to see it.

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.

« Next Oldest · dwb's Blog · Next Newest »