Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hornby site crashed?
boxbrownie
post 30 Apr 2020, 16:15
Post #1

Ticket Collector

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,656

Anyone else having issues with the Hornby site this afternoon?

--------------------
Best regards David

If anything in my post offends you, please let me know, I may wish to offend you again.
Go to the top of the page

+
dwb
post 30 Apr 2020, 21:44
Post #2

Station cat
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 507

I was about to say that I agreed but as I was about to finish, it appeared.
So it's running slowly.

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.

+
boxbrownie
post 1 May 2020, 10:32
Post #3

Ticket Collector

Finally managed to get on without a hitch this morning....ordered my Cap Tom cl66 thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Best regards David

If anything in my post offends you, please let me know, I may wish to offend you again.

+
butler-henderson
post 1 May 2020, 17:58
Post #4

Station Master

Member No.: 3,211

QUOTE (boxbrownie @ 1 May 2020, 10:32) *
Finally managed to get on without a hitch this morning....ordered my Cap Tom cl66 thumbsup.gif

Assume that was quite early as well before 8 they had sold out - not sure if that's a major issue as I would expect other Class 66 manufacturers might do one and the Hornby one is the toy of the lot.
Well off forum but I would be more interested if Corgi did this https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/in/dateposted/ as it says a lot more about Captain Tom.

+
boxbrownie
post 3 May 2020, 16:19
Post #5

Ticket Collector

QUOTE (butler-henderson @ 1 May 2020, 18:58) *
Assume that was quite early as well before 8 they had sold out - not sure if that's a major issue as I would expect other Class 66 manufacturers might do one and the Hornby one is the toy of the lot.
Well off forum but I would be more interested if Corgi did this https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/in/dateposted/ as it says a lot more about Captain Tom.

Well it may be the “toy version” but it’s not intended a full bells and whistles model, it’s there to generate funds for the charity primarily, if another manufacturer could do a fully detailed and all singing class 66 like Bachmann and sell it for an amount which would be attainable by most people and still donate £40 of each sake to the charity that would be great, but I don’t see that happened any time soon TBH.

--------------------
Best regards David

+
butler-henderson
post 3 May 2020, 20:41
Post #6

Station Master

Member No.: 3,211

Hornby have decided to increase the number of them which now stands at 3000 and may go beyond that. Those who have grabbed them to flog on ebay at inflated prices will not be amused - wonder how many pre orders will get cancelled. https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/gbrf-class-66-...nspiration.html

+
boxbrownie
post 4 May 2020, 10:16
Post #7

Ticket Collector

QUOTE (butler-henderson @ 3 May 2020, 21:41) *
Hornby have decided to increase the number of them which now stands at 3000 and may go beyond that. Those who have grabbed them to flog on ebay at inflated prices will not be amused - wonder how many pre orders will get cancelled. https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/gbrf-class-66-...nspiration.html

Yes, it’s a bloomin’ shame Hornby couldn’t make a deposit of £40 on these non refundable......that would have upset the vultures even more.

Not sure if you know but Railtec are doing a two sets of their amazing 3D transfers for the C, Tom Class 66 with all proceeds going to the charity as well, brilliant.

--------------------
Best regards David

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th August 2020 - 15:01