> ROCO Quality Issues
Phil Loughlin
post 28 Sep 2020, 21:06
Post #1

Guard

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,159

All,

I don't know if I am the only one that is dealing with ROCO quality issues but I just want to warn everyone the issues they may encounter with their products. Once they moved a good portion of production to Vietnam, I received freight cars with couplers installed upside down, improperly install coupler springs, bent or broken pieces (not a packing issue), and like a fellow member of this forum I too had a brand new BR80 which had it's drive rods fall off because the screw holding it place was never tightened. I actually gave up on my BR80 my after having horrible performance issues (constantly stalling) once I fixed it. After waiting a year, I thought I would try ROCO again. I purchased two newly released CSD era VI 1/100th scale coaches (one 1st class and one 2nd Class). I thought the 1st class coach looked funny. I discovered it was missing the interior fittings!

Now living here in the states, it will be nearly impossible to get ROCO to provide the missing parts and I would most likely damage the coach trying to open and install the interior. I understand that every manufacturer has mistakes but these are ridiculous! I have written ROCO off. They were a great manufacturer during the 1990's but no longer.
Go to the top of the page

+

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2020 - 06:04