alanoes
post Today, 07:13 PM
Post #46

Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,298

English translation of the Viessmann Catenary Book

Hi all, hope you are all safe and well.

Well, I've invested quite a bit of time and effort into this, but I have finally created my own English version of the Viessmann catenary book (for my own personal use of course)

I used a "Scanmarker" text scanner, that can recognise many languages and translate between any two, I started off using the translation mode to scan text direct to my desk top publishing software, but as you probably know, a direct translation of most
languages does not appear exactly as we would say it in English. So I found it quicker and easier to scan the German text direct into Google Translate, where I could then proof read and edit as required before copying and pasting into my DTP document.
In conjunction with this, I used a "iScan" A4 hand held photo scanner to scan the images off the pages. I then, cropped and edited them as required in Faststone Image Viewer, (which despite the "Viewer" in its title, is a very capable piece of photo editing software), before, again, pasting them into my DTP document.

I'm very pleased with the results and although some of the translation may not have come out exactly as written, I have already learned a great deal more about the installation of the Viessmann catenary system, and its components, than I did before starting this project, and as a bonus, I've also learnt a few German words and phrases too, although I doubt they'd get me very far asking for the nearest pizza restaurant biggrin.gif

The photo above shows the Viessmann book, (top), and my copy below it.

Why Viessmann doesn't produce an English version has always puzzled me, as I'm sure they would sell many copies.

Regards
Alan
Go to the top of the page

+

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th July 2020 - 22:56