> Show Your Latest Purchase In Ho International
post 18 Jun 2020, 11:53
Post #1141

Foreman
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 2,987

Adrian,
That's a fine looking loco and will look grand in front of your train. From the images I see, I think the green on the Liliput loco is much closer (than the Roco) to the preserved examples on display at the Bavarian Railway Museum Noerdlingen, and the Hochhaxige at the Transport Museum in Munich respectively. They are both 'must see' items if you are ever in Bavaria.
Best of luck and stay safe.
Go to the top of the page

+
SRman
post 20 Jun 2020, 07:11
Post #1142

Station Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,453

Further to my post on the Heljan DSB IC3 unit, I have had to add the same modification I did to the Swedish version earlier. This mainly consists of replacing the little plastic 'pip' that acts as the bogie guide at each end of the powered car with a self-tapping screw (I use the ones that come with Oxford Diecast vehicles holding the cars/trucks/buses in the packaging). This prevents the bogies from lifting at the outer ends and derailing. I also add extra weight into the driving cars.

I did a quick video of the unit under test on Newton Broadway (running British Network South East and Railfreight at present), posted here on YouTube.

Having trouble with the YouTube embedding, so here's the external link: https://youtu.be/BgWfLtCNXUc

+
dwb
post 20 Jun 2020, 08:00
Post #1143

Station cat
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 507

That's a good looking model thumbsup.gif

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.

+
SRman
post 20 Jun 2020, 11:35
Post #1144

Station Master

Sorry - I solved the link but cannot edit the previous post now.

+
Babz
post 20 Jun 2020, 14:27
Post #1145

Footplate Inspector

Member No.: 11,666

Hi SR man nice Modern train exscuse my ignorance is DSB Danish Railways. I am interested also in the light colour viaduct stone/ Brick what make are they i do need a couple like that.
Regards
Babs

+
SRman
post 21 Jun 2020, 05:12
Post #1146

Station Master

QUOTE (Babz @ 21 Jun 2020, 00:27) *
Hi SR man nice Modern train exscuse my ignorance is DSB Danish Railways. I am interested also in the light colour viaduct stone/ Brick what make are they i do need a couple like that.
Regards
Babs

Yes, DSB = Danske Statsbaner - Danish State Railways, in English.

The IC3 DMUs date from around 1989 onwards, I think. The livery is similar to the current one with minor differences in the logos and colour stripes next to the passenger doors, although many units still have this lime green colour in place. I need to add the yellow stripes over the first class section, as Heljan omitted those. Agnes and I travelled in the first class section on our Copenhagen to Hamburg journey in two of these units in 2018 (5058 and 5085), so I have pleasant memories of riding in these units.

P_20180924_180234_vHDR_On by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

The stone viaduct is not finished, but is the Wills kit with three arches plus one of the add-on arches. I really want to paint the stones properly but at this stage the color is just a light brown wash over the whole lot.

+
Babz
post 21 Jun 2020, 09:57
Post #1147

Footplate Inspector

Thank You SRMan i will have to investigate the Viaducts. Take Care Babs

+
alanoes
post 24 Jun 2020, 21:33
Post #1148

Fireman

Member No.: 16,298

Hi all,
Hope you are all well
These arrived today from MSL (had them on reserve) Roco DR coaches 74800, 74801. 74802, and 74805, to go with the DR 020201, Still waiting for one more to arrive.

How beautiful are they thumbsup.gif

Regards
Alan

Stay Safe

+
Greyvoices
post 25 Jun 2020, 07:55
Post #1149

Station Master

Member No.: 3,394

Thanks for the photos Alan.

These DR Roco coaches really do look right. I especially like the rubber seal on the doors - so lifelike.

Best regards ............... Greyvoices (alias John)

--------------------

+
Babz
post 26 Jun 2020, 12:50
Post #1150

Footplate Inspector

Hi Alan & John, Very nice Rake of coaches, I did not go for them myself as i have two rakes of the BRAWA Reko versions which are a lot shorter and to me they would not look right together. nice models you have Enjoy.
I hope you are well and stay safe.
Babs

+
SRman
post 27 Jun 2020, 06:47
Post #1151

Station Master

I have been naughty again. Modellbahn Shop Lippe had a few specials and I succumbed to temptation. I have wanted a Vectron but all were too dear for me, until this one popped up for somewhat less than Eu100. It is from the Piko Expert range and uses a 22 pin PLuX decoder with separate control of the tail lights. The MGW livery is not particularly inspiring, but it's a choice of ths one or none with my already overspent budget. This is 193 845-5.

P_20200627_161808_vHDR_Auto by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

The other one that filled a gap for me was the Roco BR 232 Co-Co diesel electric in DB dark red livery with cream bands (was this a modern historic livery?). I have started adding handrails and steps, but have not added brake and air hoses yet until I work out the clearances for bogie and coupling swing. 232 238-6 uses a 16 pin PLuX decoder - I am trying out a D & H one, a brand I have not used before.

P_20200627_161635_vHDR_Auto by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

+
Alex Hempel
post 28 Jun 2020, 23:27
Post #1152

Ticket Collector

Member No.: 197,345

QUOTE (SRman @ 27 Jun 2020, 16:47) *
The other one that filled a gap for me was the Roco BR 232 Co-Co diesel electric in DB dark red livery with cream bands (was this a modern historic livery?)

This livery is the historic DR livery of the BR 130/132, but with the DB logo on it. It would have looked like that initially when the locos were taken over by Deutsche Bundesbahn in the early 90s and re-numbered. Many of the 132s were later re-liveried with the modern DB traffic red.

You can see the history of this specific loco, along with photos taken over the years, at http://br232.com/index.php?nav=1407400&...action=portrait.

Oh, and you won't be able to use the full brake and air hoses in combination with the couplers. I've got a similar Roco 132 and I tried. There are clipped versions included with the detail parts.

+
SRman
post 29 Jun 2020, 00:19
Post #1153

Station Master

QUOTE (Alex Hempel @ 29 Jun 2020, 09:27) *
This livery is the historic DR livery of the BR 130/132, but with the DB logo on it. It would have looked like that initially when the locos were taken over by Deutsche Bundesbahn in the early 90s and re-numbered. Many of the 132s were later re-liveried with the modern DB traffic red.

You can see the history of this specific loco, along with photos taken over the years, at http://br232.com/index.php?nav=1407400&...action=portrait.

Oh, and you won't be able to use the full brake and air hoses in combination with the couplers. I've got a similar Roco 132 and I tried. There are clipped versions included with the detail parts.

Thanks for that information and link, Alex. I am still very much a novice with European railways in general (British excepted).

I had thought I would have to clip the brake pipes and things to allow for the coupling clearances. I have had to do the same with Heljan British locomotives as well. It is a compromise but looks better than bare buffer beams.

Looking quickly through the history, it looks like it retained this livery until after 2000, but was in DB red by 2004. The photographic history is great ... very useful.

+
SRman
post 6 Jul 2020, 13:47
Post #1154

Station Master

I bought another 'new' second-hand DB locomotive, a Roco BR 290. This is actualy quite an old model and was not DCC-ready, but has a massive central motor that runs very, very smoothly on DC. I suspect it was a basic train set model, but the detailing is not too bad and the grilles will benefit eventually from a few black washes to highlight them.

It took me a while to plan how to convert it to DCC while retaining the lights and the sprung brush feeds, because there is not a lot of spare room inside those bonnets, but I eventually decided to cut a section out of the non-brush end to seat a small but powerful TCS M4 decoder (a 2-function M1 would have sufficed but I only had the 4-function M4 available). The PCB tracks were cut with a slittling disc and various connections remade to allow track power to go to the decoder from both ends of the locomotive, plus connecting the blue positive return wire to the lights at both ends. Being bulbs, it didn't really matter which way round I did the polarity for the lights. I'm not sure which end of a 290 shoud be the No 1 end, but I chose to make the long bonnet the forward end.

Anyway, here is 290 125-4, put to work on the Continental-based Christmas (in July) train (which is purely a bit of whimsy).

+
SimonBoulton
post 8 Jul 2020, 21:52
Post #1155

Fireman

Member No.: 1,827

The BR 232 is indeed in the old DR colour scheme. One interesting thing about this one is that cream band on the side is narrower than at the front and back. This was done as a cost saving simplified colour scheme as previously the band was the same width as the front and back. In the late 90’s and early 2000’s these loco’s were cascaded down to being used with two coach local trains on many occasions,
Best wishes,
Simon

+

78 Pages V  « < 75 76 77 78 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th August 2020 - 10:35