Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hakuho part 1, Rural Hokkaido in Z
kevsmith
post 22 Apr 2020, 18:36
Post #16

Passed Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,527

So we managed to get Macclesfield show across the line before the sky fell in with the Coronavirus pandemic. Most of the conversation amonsgt the exhibitors was which shows would succumb next and as it turned out it was all of them including the big ones, York, Bristol, London, Qourn etc

Ran out of times to get the fire retardant drapes machined up so resorted to folding them and pinning them for thsi show

The facia for the lighting rig isn't fully lettered yet

I'd spent the week before getting the flightcase for the extension boards, control panel and lighting rig made. everything locks in to protect it

Now my old rolling toolbox finally gave up the ghost after the last show last year and I held off buying a new one until nearer the show. I was amazed to find that the same toolbox is still in production albeit in a rather bright yellow so one was duly ordered. I know how to pack these!

In this rear shot you can see the control panel with the gaugemaster controller alongside. The toolbox underneath and how far the rear scenery has come

more soon

Kev
Go to the top of the page

+
kevsmith
post 22 Apr 2020, 18:58
Post #17

Passed Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,527

I took all the Japanese stock I had even though there is not enough room on the layout for it this show was to test and test again to see what worked and what didn't

So Friday night during set-up was testing the track sections and points. No repetition of the wierd electrical faults that occured a few weeks earlier thank god.

Saturday, despite what the show guide said, I ran it all diesel with the DD51s and DE10s with a wide variety of stock. There were some random uncouplings on the outer track under the Forestry line which were traced to a bit of solder sticking up from a feed.

Sunday saw the steam locos out in force with the two Rokuhan locos running faultlessly

video at

Hakuho debut

So with all the shows cancelled and being on lockdown and working from home I've taken a pause from Z and am taking the opportunity to finish some very long standing, unfinished projects in different scales.

Once I've cleared them I've got three MK II coaches, Two Class 37s and test coach Iris to paint to run on Republic Steel.

Kev
Go to the top of the page

+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th July 2020 - 01:18