Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

entry 20 Dec 2013, 21:32
This section of the Hamburg Miniature Wonderland models landmarks from the Wonderland's home city, Hamburg itself.

First there is a model of the impressive Hambury Hauptbahnhof

This is the home ground for Hamburg's football team.

If you take the U-Bahn to get to the Miniature Wonderland, this is the station where you get off.

This is probably the most colourful of the ferry boats which ply their trade up and down the Elbe. This is the landing at Landungsbruken close to St. Pauli Elbe tunnel.

The entrance to one of the many canals

A much compressed model of the warehouse section of the harbour in which the Miniature Wonderland is housed.

And here it is with a queue of customers waiting for it to open

St. Michaels Cathedral. The tower is open to the public. There is a lift if you don't fancy the stairs. The view from the top is very good, you can see the aircraft repair building at the airport.

A bicycle road race crosses the harbour bridge

Another view across Hamburg Hbf

I didn't realise when I took the photo above that the Wonderland had had another visitor earlier in the summer. He had been following a 1913 edition of Bradshaw's guide and the Wonderland made a model of him to commerate his visit. When I saw the subsequent TV programme I took a closer look at this photo and found that I had captured him in his flourescent yellow/green jacket clutching his red covered Bradshaw:

The modelling of the girder work in the Hbf is quite detailed

The night sequence had fallen again as I took another photo of the harbour bridge

And so we come to the end of the Hamburg section. Next is Scandinavia the fjord scene complete with giant water tanks and ships that pass in the night.

« Next Oldest · dwb's Blog · Next Newest »

Comments

post 21 Dec 2013, 05:54
Comment #1

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 570

Looks great David.

Cheers

Neil

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
post 7 Jan 2014, 21:46
Comment #2

Guard
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 12,305

David, Just discovered your pictures of the Hamburg Miniature Wonderland and enjoying working through them. Some lovely photos of excellent modelling. Thanks for posting.

--------------------
James
My layout - Adlestrop.
My workbench - Buildings for Adlestrop.
dwb
post 8 Jan 2014, 20:14
Comment #3

Station cat
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 507

QUOTE (James Skelton @ 7 Jan 2014, 21:46)
David, Just discovered your pictures of the Hamburg Miniature Wonderland and enjoying working through them. Some lovely photos of excellent modelling. Thanks for posting.

My pleasure James smile.gif

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.

« Next Oldest · dwb's Blog · Next Newest »