Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hornby (Sep 2016) 21C1 ChannelPacket 21C3 Royal Mail, Unsure about specs for 21C3
mike berjak
post 4 Feb 2016, 07:27
Post #1

Ticket Collector

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,495

Hi

This was sent to Hornby on 21st January and still no reply (normal 5 days, but they say they are encountering problems) Can you please assist?

Comment: Re.Merchant Navy Original 21C3 Royal Mail. On your web-site for 21C3 you show the CAD appropriate to 21C1 Channel Packet. As there were significant differences as detailed in Loco Profile (No. 22 -Merchant Navy) and the book by CJ Allan/Townroe, will the Royal Mail be
a. of the September 1941 as-built air smoothed version?
b. including a larger hole above the smokebox door and in the roof around the chimney with reinforcing ribs along the sides and no chimney cover.

(ribs were not on 21C1 or 21C2 (Union Castle)) Apart from Channel Packet and Royal Mail will you be producing any of the other original Series 1 (1941/42) locos; 21C1-21C6 Malachite Green, 21C7-21C10 Wartime Black? I have placed a provisional order for 21C1 and 21C3, but need confirmation on the above.
Thanks in anticipation Mike Berjak
Go to the top of the page

+
mike berjak
post 15 Nov 2016, 07:14
Post #2

Ticket Collector

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,495

From Mike again

Pleased to say that Hornby have released pictures ( pre-production impressions) of their original Merchant Navy 21C1 Channel Packet and 21C3 Royal Mail. I must say that all my earlier questions regarding reality have now been answered in the affirmative. A pleasing site for those of you who were wavering can be found at the Hornby web address

http://www.hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engin...gineering-news/

NB scroll down as there are a number of entries before the pics of the Merchant Navy productions appear.

Excellent, thanks. I have ordered both via my local supplier
Go to the top of the page

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2020 - 18:14