Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Triang Hornby D5572 A1A-A1A
msw
post 27 Jan 2014, 22:03
Post #16

Baggage Porter

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,256

....tagging on to an old topic.... I have a matt green four bodyside step version with the backward molded power bogie.

Also at some stage they modified the body internal moulding to enclose that slot that keeps the motor bogies movement in check.

They say that towards the end of the run you could see the moulding of the front windows became out of shape (the window corners) but I have not really ever seen that. I think the last production run was in the late 70's ?
Go to the top of the page

+
sarah
post 30 Jan 2014, 11:43
Post #17

Station Master

Member No.: 4,244

The resurrectors strike again! wink.gif

As it happens...I also have a backwards cast motor bogie...in the parts box.

--------------------

+
Vespa
post 25 Nov 2014, 14:32
Post #18

Keen railway enthusiast

Member No.: 2,297

I have a green D5572 that was converted to run on my old Dublo 3 rail layout by Hattons circa about 1964/5. It wouldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding on the brass rails so I weighted it up with X Ray dental lead sheets. Still poor so I bought and made a fleet of Airfix wagons to get a reasonable train behind it. For all it's faults I think it's a great little model for it's day.

+
34C
post 26 Nov 2014, 10:14
Post #19

In depth idiot

Member No.: 1,818

In the all important matter of having the cab side windows properly recessed, which gives any view of the ends their essential character; better than the current main range model, which is simply inaccurate, and looks more like a BRCW product than a Brush as a result. The Triang was a classy body tooling of its day, Triang's toolmakers showing off their craft skill I suspect. Pity that they were not allowed to spread their wings in this way more often.

I use the current main range model chassis* (top class quiet and powerful runner) to power flush glazed Airfix/GMR Brush type 2 bodies as my solution to get a looks right, runs right model. (I could equally have used the Lima body, but already owned the Airfix ones.)

*The chassis ends fall off syndrome of the early releases means that these chassis are very cheaply available, makes the adaption to the old body easier too. What was that proverb about an 'ill wind'?

+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th July 2020 - 15:37