+
alanoes
post 7 Sep 2016, 20:14
Post #17

Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,298

Hi all,
I've started on a little agricultural area in one corner of the layout, where I will have a wheat field and probably a potato crop.
I am using Busch 1204 wheat strips, quite time consuming but looks good (imo).

I have got past this awkward corner ,so can now construct the full 10cm X 10cm box contents and hopefully lay them quicker.

Regards
Alan
Go to the top of the page

+
alanoes
post 7 Sep 2016, 20:31
Post #18

Fireman

Latest addition , TRIX 22261 VT 11.5 Trans Europ Express.

Regards
Alan

+
alanoes
post 22 Dec 2016, 22:12
Post #19

Fireman

Continuing with the front extension, I made up some brackets to suite the angle and installed some Conti Board shelving to give me about 8inches additional width to fit a small street/town scene on the other side
of the road to the main station.

I then bridged the gap and made up the slightly different levels with varying thicknesses (between 0.5 and 2mm) plasticard, to give me a nice smooth clean suface.

and I've added a Noch "country road" (as it was grey) to come off the faller roadway and wind its way around the left hand end of the layout.

You may notice that I've removed some of the Faller road surface near the level crossing, this is another ongoing project to fit stop magnets and sensors under the road surface for use with the Faller Traffic
Control System which will operate the crossing barriers and allow up the 3 vehicles to stop behind each other on either side of the level crossing. That is still in the early stages and I will keep you posted on that.
I have purchase several kit buildings including a church and some farm buildings that will keep me busy constructing over the Christmas break.
Regards
Alan

+
alanoes
post 22 Dec 2016, 22:19
Post #20

Fireman

Over the last few months, I have added to the Train Safe storage system and the display wall is now looking quite impressive IMHO

Kind regards
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all

Alan

+
Allegheny1600
post 22 Dec 2016, 23:50
Post #21

What do I put here!?!
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 6,567

Thanks Alan,
You too buddy!
Looking a clean and professional job with the roadways and the trains on the wall look wonderful.
All the best,
John.

--------------------
Roll on, Southern Pacific, On your silver rails, Through the moonlight.
N. Young. 2011

My layout: Leberecht

Read This: Is this fair?

+
Anthony566
post 29 Dec 2016, 01:50
Post #22

Why is'nt it easy !!
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 10,330

Loving the wheat field .... very nicely done.

--------------------
My Train set efforts....

Two Tunnels - A short section of track for loco testing and my first attempt at scenery
https://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...p;hl=anthony566

My Layout Build
https://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...showtopic=23502

My YouTube Page
http://m.youtube.com/user/anthony566

For Sale ...

I have a number of items for sale.

https://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80

+
alanoes
post 25 Nov 2017, 14:38
Post #23

Fireman

Hi all,
Just an update of what's been happening lately. physically not much.
You may remember I was going to swap my control to Z21 and install Train Controller Gold Software to automate the layout a bit.
Well, after doing that, it took me some time, what with work and other things, to create my "Swithboard" etc in train controller but that all went well.
Then I started to connect the points to the to the Z21 system, I was a bit apprehensive about this as I was using Roco 10775 turnout controllers to operate my 20 odd Fleischmann points,
as I had read many accounts of how difficult it was to set them up regarding the addressing, but I downloaded the Roco maintenance tool to remove the +4 issue and everything went fine.
That is, until I tried to operate the double slip. The switching action was juddery and didn't always make a full switch over ( as an electrician, that's something I would associate with wrong voltage)
Its a long time ago now but I'm pretty sure it worked fine when the layout was DC and it was controlled with the little green Fleischmann switches from the AC side of the old transformers.
But in saying that, every other point worked fine. Tried cleaning it up and removing any debris (not that I could see any) from around the moving parts but too no avail. Needless to say, this double slip
has got to be one of the worst turnouts to get access too sad.gif Just to remove the point motor I had to remove part of a station platform

Even with the motor removed from the point, it was still not switching positively Next step , replace the motor, but in trying to do that the lever arm snapped off inside the point mad.gif
Fearing there could be some unseen debris inside the mechanism causing the problem, and a quick google search to see if I could still get a Fleischmann brass Model track double slip, decided to replace the
whole thing. So, de-soldered 8 droppers

Then used a fine cut dremmel blade to cut through the 4 sections of rail at one end to allow removal

For easy locating/fitting of the new unit, I cut the fishplates in half, allowing them to move back and forth along the rail

Tested operation of slip, all ok, and re soldered the droppers

A little bit of rust pen onto the rails, re ballasting of track and fitting back the platform.

Everything working fine now from Z21 control or Train Controller. Next step is to add the magnetic reed switches into the track work to create control blocks for train detection.
Well, that was a long winded way of not telling you much rolleyes.gif
Regards
Alan

+
dwb
post 25 Nov 2017, 21:14
Post #24

Station cat
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 507

Nicely done. thumbsup.gif

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.

+
Peter Ankers
post 26 Nov 2017, 15:57
Post #25

Guard

Member No.: 12,018

Hi Alan

I've only just come across your thread as a result of your recent post. I am mightily impressed with your layout and have watched the video demonstrating the Train Safe storage system in use several times. The flashes from the camera of the lineside trainspotter are a wonderful touch !

Best Regards,
Peter A

+
bjrangi
post 27 Nov 2017, 03:37
Post #26

Fireman

Member No.: 9,619

Hi,

Looking very nice..!
One question who is your photo hosting site.
I normally use photobucket!
But they now require a sum of money to be able to use there services so as i can post here.
Hence my non activity in posting on my forum "Palin Bay.
Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
BJ

+
TheAndrian
post 27 Nov 2017, 08:05
Post #27

Passed Fireman

Member No.: 17,602

Hi BJ,

He's using PhotoBucket. I'm still using PB with no issues; able to upload and link.

Cheers

+
Babz
post 27 Nov 2017, 08:24
Post #28

Footplate Inspector

Member No.: 11,666

Hi BJ i had the very same issue with PB So i changed to Flickr.com once i got used to the difference it is great at no cost. PB Have certainly lost out recently. Babs

+
alanoes
post 27 Nov 2017, 19:59
Post #29

Fireman

QUOTE (dwb @ 25 Nov 2017, 21:14) *
Nicely done. thumbsup.gif

David

Thanks David
Regards
Alan

+
alanoes
post 27 Nov 2017, 20:02
Post #30

Fireman

QUOTE (Peter Ankers @ 26 Nov 2017, 15:57) *
Hi Alan

I've only just come across your thread as a result of your recent post. I am mightily impressed with your layout and have watched the video demonstrating the Train Safe storage system in use several times. The flashes from the camera of the lineside trainspotter are a wonderful touch !

Best Regards,
Peter A

Thank you Peter for your comments, yeah, I like the little guy too
Regards
Alan

+

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2020 - 14:58