Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bachmann 32-679DS Class 45, Running problems
The Siver Fox
post 12 Jul 2020, 10:47
Post #1

Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,470

Hi, I am after some advice. I have a Bachmann Class 45 with sound. It runs until a bad spot or sometimes a point crossing.
When it runs on sounds it can break up and when F2 the horn is pressed it splutters. I have cleaned the wheels and pick up
which I thought it was, but no difference. I have reset the chip CV 8. Again no difference. I'm baffled. Any suggestions?
Thanks in anticipation.
Go to the top of the page

+
SRman
post 12 Jul 2020, 11:06
Post #2

Station Master

Member No.: 2,453

Try turning the sound volume down a bit and see if that makes a difference.

+
34C
post 12 Jul 2020, 11:22
Post #3

In depth idiot

Member No.: 1,818

Ignore the sound side to begin with.

QUOTE (The Siver Fox @ 12 Jul 2020, 11:47) *
... It runs until a bad spot or sometimes a point crossing...

If that's referring to the motor driving the loco noticeably losing power, then this has to be fixed. This mechanism has multiple
wheels with plenty of weight on them for pick up, and should have no such problem. But you have the track wheels and pick ups
clean, and still have this problem if I read you correctly. That makes it most likely that there are one or more poor connections
inside. What you need to do is go round the circuit board, one wire connection at a time and remake the connection so that
bare wire is secured against the metal of the circuit board track in every case, and held securely by the push on clip. (If you are
confident with a soldering iron, better still solder the wires on to the board terminals.)

And retest; this should sort most of the sound problem as well. The advice already given to turn the volume down is very good,
but quite how low is a matter for the individual to decide.

+
butler-henderson
post 12 Jul 2020, 11:25
Post #4

Station Master

Member No.: 3,211

Check the pick-ups are properly contacting with the wheels, its not unknown for models to be supplied with incorrectly adjusted pick-ups. My 7F 2-8-0 ran fine on a straight but as soon as it a curve and one set of wheels moved outwards complete loss of power. A modern diesel with muliple pick ups off both bogies should not have problems with a" bad spot"

+
The Siver Fox
post 12 Jul 2020, 16:11
Post #5

Fireman

Member No.: 5,470

Thanks very much for all the much needed advice. I shall go through each one. Alway get brilliant help on this forum. Appreciated. Best Wishes, The Silver Fox

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2020 - 00:07