Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dapol GWR 43xx Mogul 2-6-0 Derailment issue
billybidley
post 29 Jun 2020, 10:27
Post #16

Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,105

I have just got around to inspecting the loco again and it turns out the rear axle is cracked and on playing about with it I've broken it more. I shall purchase new ones from Peters Spares. Should the wheels be push-fit into the new axle or should super glue also be applied?
Go to the top of the page

+
34C
post 29 Jun 2020, 20:15
Post #17

In depth idiot

Member No.: 1,818

Push fit, you have to set quartering accurately or it will run like a 3 legged dog, so best to leave scope for small adjustments.

+
Graham Plowman
post 30 Jun 2020, 00:19
Post #18

Regional Controller

Member No.: 869

QUOTE (billybidley @ 29 Jun 2020, 20:27) *
I have just got around to inspecting the loco again and it turns out the rear axle is cracked and on playing about with it I've broken it more. I shall purchase new ones from Peters Spares. Should the wheels be push-fit into the new axle or should super glue also be applied?

IIRC the original Mainline version of this model had round ends on the plastic axle stubbs which meant that the wheels could rotate on the axles, affecting the quartering.

The Bachmann versions had splines and I think the later ones even had square ends like Romford axles so that quartering was guaranteed - ie push-fit with no glue required.

--------------------
Graham Plowman
(British outline 00 - NCE PH PRO-R, Lenz 100 - DCC Sound and computer controlled signalling/interlocking of Ashprington Road with SSI software)

+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th July 2020 - 23:29