Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Republic Steel in railblue
kevsmith
post 8 Dec 2017, 18:58
Post #1

Passed Fireman

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,527

So the show season has finished for me until next year so the layouts are all back in the layout shed for now.

Cuyahoga went down very well at the Crewe show but Republic Steel has done the most work over the last few months mainly appearing in British rail 'Railblue' guise

It was a good chance to show people what can you achieve in British Z with a bit of work

3D printing, resin casting and some simple scratchbuilding soon builds up a varied stock

3D printed Hymek and USRA Dock tank with a simple conversion of the Marklin disel shunter into a BR Class 07

Video of Republic at Zedex (Oxrail) 2017, Hartlepool and Shoeburyness shows

Republic Steel

cheers

Kev
Go to the top of the page

+
dwb
post 8 Dec 2017, 19:35
Post #2

Station cat
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 507

It was a good chance to show people what can you achieve in British Z with a bit of work

Your photos certainly prove that! thumbsup.gif

David

--------------------
Want to post pictures in your posts but don't know how? Instructions can be found in this topic
Almost all the photos I post can be found in my albums. There are 900+ at present. Click the Gallery button to the left of this post.

+
34030 Watersmeet
post 10 Dec 2017, 10:50
Post #3

Fireman

Member No.: 4,098

And even better in the flesh, saw this at the Shoeburyness exhibition in November. Very impressed with Z gauge, runs very well (I expect that to work at all, the mechanisms need to be of very high quality). Lots of detail in a manageably small space.
Did you design the 3-d printed stock youself and are there commercial transfers etc, the stock is very well decorated.

+
kevsmith
post 27 Oct 2019, 21:22
Post #4

Passed Fireman

Member No.: 6,527

So I've spent the last couple of days doing some updated photographs of Republic in railblue to go with an article I'm writing to see if I can get it into one of the U.K magazines. There is now enough stock to show just how much is available since 3D prinitng came along

Hoever i fancied having a go at some nightime shots to highlight the blast furnace when it is lit up so I've done some experiments tonight using my railway signalling torch out of my call-out bag. This does the usual white-red-green colours but also an intense blue

first attempt

The simulated molten load in the ladle cars (done with halfords flourescent orange aerosol) comes alive under the light but the yellow of the Brush Bagnall shunter is completely lost

second attempt

the railheads shine more but the purple cast is becoming very evident

at the other end a double headed combo of a class 24 and class 25 take the main line torpedo car run outstreet lights on the road is going to make this work al ot better

I need to work out if the purple is some unseen tint from the torch or a result of the really long exposure times

more soon

Kev

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th July 2020 - 10:53