MRF Nürnberg Report - Bachmann

MRF Nürnberg Report - Faller

MRF Nürnberg Report - Märklin

MRF Nürnberg Report - Fleischmann

MRF Nürnberg Report - Heljan

MRF Nürnberg Report - Lenz

MRF Nürnberg Report - Zimo

MRF Nürnberg Report - Preiser

The Rest of the Nürnberg Toy Fair - Roundup (Train Safe, Brawa, Tillig, ESU, Ladegüter Bauer, Vollmer, Bemo, Massoth, Busch, Viessmann, Uhlenbrock, Heki, Seuthe, Peco, Kato, Kiss, LGB, Merten)

If you are interested in Slotcars, check out our SlotForum report of the Nürnberg show here

See less See more
#4 ·
There are a lot interesting design ideas in the Dynamis - stacking modules; additional IR base stations - I note the PCB is labeled "IR Tower"; interoperability with ECoS. All in all it sounds like an ESU starter set....

David

#7 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 2 Feb 2007, 05:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are a lot interesting design ideas in the Dynamis - stacking modules; additional IR base stations - I note the PCB is labeled "IR Tower"; interoperability with ECoS. All in all it sounds like an ESU starter set....

David
It pretty much is. I notice the base station matches the new add on power boosters for the Ecos. This will be a great walkaround controller for the Ecos. I have to say I will probably get one of these.

I guess both parties benefit from this arrangement. Bachmann gets a state of the art budget system and ESU sell their product to a far wider market.

Ali, you must have amazing eyesight. It took me ages to find that even when you said where it was.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
could you ask about the mechansims for the Railroad range. is the scotsman tender drive? i am asuming it is but they also say "motors decoration and all round running qualities will not be compromised" so mabye they have put a decent motor into it. that would also make sence from a production point of view. and would be a dream come true for us kit bashers!

i am really looking forward to that range. something to get the knife stuck into at last!!

And ask Hornby about the Timescale on the Humbrol range.

Peter

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
The big news from Lenz...

...Is that there is not much news.

No new digital products. A few O gauge items - a sideline hobby of the owner of the company.

A new hand-held is in the pipeline, but they haven't even decided if it is to be knob or button control.

New control center software is being developed. Lenz owners will have to send their units back to the factory for the upgrade - the systems can't be upgraded via the internet.

I have the feeling that Lenz is a bit lost...

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wow! I have clicked through to the slotcar link and spotted a YouTube video of news bought directly from the German show by Doug to the Scalextric slot car enthusiasts and presented by Mr Ferrari, the owner of a model manufacturer.

Are any of the model railway manufacturers present up for this?

A real time video demo of Dynamis and Elite and a walk around the stands presented by whoever.

The style of sitting at a table and taking to the audience presenting your new products seems just perfect though!

Well done for this news innovation!

How about placing it here Doug so that we can all see an example of your work?

Happy modelling
Gary

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Some more shots:

Having a demo of the Elite with Simon Kohler of Hornby. it is a good product. Doing all it says on the tin and even more. Very intuitive and easy to use. More later.

Talking To Dr Ziegler and one of his resellers at Zimo - this company must be the most exciting in he Digital world. I'll be going into more detail about their products as soon as I can get to a real keyboard. The rest of the modeling world needs to know what this system can do!

#16 ·
The samsung unit I saw on the gadget show late last year, It's a protable/mobile PC I believe and will play MPEG4 along with the other usual formats. It is also wireless so maybe Zimo have hooked it up to their command station a la dynamis!!

Fancy having a "walkabout" computer to control your layout.

gadget freak/games console/model trains all in one.

Must have died and gone to heaven

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/mobilec..._q1_v000suk.asp

For those that are interested.

Darren

#18 ·
QUOTE (darobi @ 2 Feb 2007, 16:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The samsung unit I saw on the gadget show late last year, It's a protable/mobile PC I believe and will play MPEG4 along with the other usual formats. It is also wireless so maybe Zimo have hooked it up to their command station a la dynamis!!

Fancy having a "walkabout" computer to control your layout.

The Zimo controller software will work on any Windows PC - Tablet PC (like the Samsung) included.

What was impressive was their touch screen control panel interface - two software versions are available - or at least were on display and may be available soon.

#22 ·
QUOTE (Gary @ 2 Feb 2007, 16:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It all looks more like a model railway exhibition than a toy fair and does all look like great fun. I wonder what conservative British modellers make of all the technology on display?

Happy modelling
Gary

Thankfully I am not a conservative British modeller (God forbid). It really is time that some of us here woke up to what has been available in mainland Europe for years.

Regards

John

#23 ·
QUOTE (Doug @ 2 Feb 2007, 16:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Faller car system.

I have seen a few previous versions of the car system - this is by far the best with very smooth movement and realistic operation. I have a few videos and other photos that will be uploaded soon. Check this out for starters:

I have been using the Faller car system for several years, it really does make a railway come to life. I also saw it on the Faller stand at Nurnburg several years ago when it wes running in a snow scene with the amusement park alongside - great fun!!

Regards

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.