Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Extended Plus+ membership package
Doug
post 1 Mar 2007, 17:51
Post #1

DT

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Model Rail Forum is offering a Plus+ membership package. This is a paid subscription (15 Euros per year) offering extra benefits and special deals to existing Model Rail Forum members.

The aim is to offer members good services and tools to help make the forum easier to use and at the same time to offer members exciting deals with vendors and help support the forum financially, ensuring it's future growth.

We have installed a built-in Gallery that allows you to store photos and certain other types of media online on our servers. Plus+ members get full use of the gallery. 75MB of storage space on our servers. You can use these images in your posts, as attachments or elsewhere on the Internet.

Members will get space on our servers and extra capacity for PMs plus benefits outlined in the link below such as special offers and group purchasing. We have had this system running now on SlotForum for nearly two years and members use it to its full potential.

Please feel free to post any questions and comments here. If you have any problems or issues with this, please feel free to contact me directly by PM or Email.

Click here for more information (incl. price in other currencies) on the Model Rail Forum Plus+ Package thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+
post 4 May 2008, 21:35
Post #2

Guard

Member No.: 2,858

Hello, Can I pay by debit card OR can you give me instructions how to use PAYPAL PLEASE.

+
Doug
post 5 May 2008, 07:48
Post #3

DT

You can use a credit card with PayPal. They give you the option of opening an account with them or not.

Just follow the steps within PayPal, it's quite simple. They may ask for some details and your card details... If you have PayPal, you just login and click pay.

--------------------

+
post 5 May 2008, 14:37
Post #4

Guard

Member No.: 2,858

QUOTE (Doug @ 5 May 2008, 07:48) *
You can use a credit card with PayPal. They give you the option of opening an account with them or not.

Just follow the steps within PayPal, it's quite simple. They may ask for some details and your card details... If you have PayPal, you just login and click pay.

Ok many thanks, I will go for it then, I think to make a subscription to the forum is a good idea in this way, it is a brilliant forum and friendly and I will do it within the next 48 hours.

2B

+
post 5 May 2008, 15:06
Post #5

Fireman

Member No.: 2,350

QUOTE (Doug @ 1 Mar 2007, 17:51) *

Model Rail Forum is offering a Plus+ membership package. This is a paid subscription (15€ / 10 per year) offering extra benefits and special deals to existing Model Rail Forum members.

The aim is to offer members good services and tools to help make the forum easier to use and at the same time to offer members exciting deals with vendors and help support the forum financially, ensuring it's future growth.

We have installed a built-in Gallery that allows you to store photos and certain other types of media online on our servers. Plus+ members get full use of the gallery. 50MB of storage space on our servers. You can use these images in your posts, as attachments or elsewhere on the Internet.

Members will get space on our servers and extra capacity for PMs plus benefits outlined in the link below such as special offers and group purchasing. We have had this system running now on SlotForum for nearly two years and members use it to its full potential.

Please feel free to post any questions and comments here. If you have any problems or issues with this, please feel free to contact me directly by PM or Email.

Click here for more information (incl. price in other currencies) on the Model Rail Forum Plus+ Package thumbsup.gif

seems reasonable and as this is a very useful forum, worth some support. I constantly learn new stuff here particularly about DCC and ...............and................and.............

However, the 15 whatsits a year must refer to euros or perhaps some strange virtual or off planet currency.

I will assume it is euros.

Sorry for being a [email protected]

Basil

+
Doug
post 5 May 2008, 15:28
Post #6

DT

Yep, 15 Euros. The software sometimes scrambles special characters and the sign, not one of the original ASCII codes, is no exception.

--------------------

+
Doug
post 2 Jan 2009, 23:35
Post #7

DT

I've added a link to the Plus+ information from the Plus+ button on the users' profiles. I couldn't do this before, but as I have grown older and wiser, the force has grown stronger and my powers have increased. So for those seeking info on upgraded membership package, click the Plus+ button.

--------------------

+
Doug
post 3 Jan 2009, 15:58
Post #8

DT

We have updated the Plus+ offer slightly.

Plus+ members have more options and storage space on our server for photos and attachments.

See here for details: https://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...p;page=MRF-Plus

--------------------

+
windsor lad
post 12 Feb 2010, 16:56
Post #9

Fireman

Member No.: 6,551

Hi Doug, I seem to be really inept at posting pictures. As you can see, I've joined the Members plus to try to make things easier but again I failed in my attempts to post pictures...it seems that I need step by step explanations about what proceedures to follow. I dont know the difference between URL or Jpeg or whatever, and I'm sure it's simple...there's something I'm missing somewhere but I dont know what it is!!!

This is what I do on ebay for example. When I'm selling something, There is a bit that says add pictures. I hit Browse and it goes straight into "my pictures" I then open the picture and the press the upload and it takes afew minutes but it's done...simples.
How is the proceedure different on here?

Thanks for your patience but I could do with some help....Cheers...jules

+
Doug
post 12 Feb 2010, 17:07
Post #10

DT

See here: https://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25

As a Plus+ member you have a gallery. You need to set that up and upload photos there.

For help with the gallery, see here: https://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...E=01&HID=18

You can also upload photos and files to posts as attachments? See the area below the post text edit box. You click 'Browse' select a file, then place it into a post. But this is not the most efficient way to just show a photo. See the help above for that where the photo is in the gallery or on another internet photo site, then use the IMG tags to properly format the photo.

--------------------

+
Capt Jango
post 19 Jan 2011, 23:00
Post #11

Station Master
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 9,591

Doug . I seem to have used my 25mb of storage space ( Now I am downloading pics , reduced to Gallery and moving to topics when needed -I am using less) Should I replace all my Large files in the topics from the Gallery. Please bear in mind that I am pooter illiterate !)

Thanks
Graham

+
Doug
post 1 Feb 2011, 21:34
Post #12

DT

Sorry for not seeing this earlier.

Images on the forum don't need to be very big. If you upload only large photos you will use up the 25MB quite fast. Use free software like Google Picasa (http://picasa.google.com/) to resize your photos and save them for the web. A 800 pixel wide photo could be reduced to 40 to 50 kb without any visible loss of quality.

--------------------

+
Doug
post 11 Jan 2012, 15:51
Post #13

DT

A reminder about Plus+

We'd like to raise some funds for forthcoming ToyFair expenses so if you don't have Plus+, please help support the forum.

The price of 15 Euros per annum (12 / $19) has remained the same since the service was introduced in 2007 - how's that for inflation!

--------------------

+
upnick
post 11 Jan 2012, 19:48
Post #14

Minister of Transport
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 2,300

Hi Doug,

I saw an email will inform me of when membership via paypal will be taken but i think you have my old email address what date will payment be coming out of my paypal account please.

I added my email address to my Yahoo identity in my profile details.

--------------------
UPNICK.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to build.

''Building America''

+
barrymx5
post 11 Jan 2012, 23:31
Post #15

Engine Driver

Member No.: 4,168

I keep thinking of signing up then the mean side of me urges me to wait till the Euro is at par with the Zimbabwe dollar - which cannot be very far off! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
regards

Barry in Somerset

+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2020 - 14:16