Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Show Your Latest Purchase In Ho International
Michael Carter
post 18 Jul 2019, 21:28
Post #1081

Ticket Collector

Group: Members
Member No.: 161,562

Thanks for the video. I did see one car in the red/light gray paint.

--------------------
Modeling Deutsche-Bahn Era III-V in Southern and Southwest Germany
Go to the top of the page

+
Alex Hempel
post 2 Sep 2019, 08:09
Post #1082

Ticket Collector

Member No.: 197,345

My latest H0 purchase is this Roco Class 132 Diesel in East German DR livery, road number 132 097-7, nicknamed 'Ludmilla'. As a child and young adult, I've been on many a train pulled by one of these, and a great number of this type are still operated by both Deutsche Bahn and various private companies.

This one is driven on all six axles, which is important to me because she's pulling my cleaning train. A very smooth runner and equipped with a Zimo sound decoder.

However, it turned out that the sound loaded into that decoder was rather basic and not very representative of both the prototype and the decoder's capabilities. In fact, this is what it sounded like originally:

So I did some research, and it appears that one of the authoritative makers of sound projects for this and other German locos is Matthias Henning from Germany. His sound project can be obtained from the net and loaded into the decoder. But you need special equipment for that, which I don't have. Luckily, a fellow user on this forum owned one of these devices and was willing to assist in updating the sound.

So, thanks to hoonsou from this forum, my Ludmilla now sounds like this (and is possibly the best sounding Ludmilla on this continent):

+
hoonsou
post 5 Sep 2019, 22:21
Post #1083

Chief cook & bottle washer
Group Icon

Group: Plus+
Member No.: 280

Very nice. You're lucky you got that back. Very smooth runner. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Cheers, Peter.

+
alanoes
post 7 Nov 2019, 21:41
Post #1084

Fireman

Member No.: 16,298

Hi all,
Nobody seams to be buying much over the last few months
So I decided to treat myself to an early Christmas present

Trix 22029 G 5/5 was on special from MSL and I saw this Trix 23057 functioning steam crane and couldn't resist rolleyes.gif

Gives me time to save up for another Christmas present nearer the time biggrin.gif
I will try to do a video of the crane in action
Regards
Alan

+
SRman
post 8 Nov 2019, 06:05
Post #1085

Station Master

Member No.: 2,453

I have had a few recent purchases (mostly second-hand): a Swedish Railways (SJ) double-deck car carrier twin set made by Hobby Trade, a Roco DB BR 151 which has proved to be a very sweet runner, and something I have been looking for for some time, a Hobby Trade Danish (DSB) double-deck driving trailer. I am still keeping an eye open for further Hobby Trade double-deck cars, as I need three or four centre coaches to go with the driving trailer to complete a nice push-pull regional set, but not at ridiculous prices.

P_20191108_164329_vHDR_On by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

P_20191108_164317_vHDR_On by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

P_20191108_164343_vHDR_On by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

P_20191108_164403_vHDR_On by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

+
alanoes
post 8 Nov 2019, 21:14
Post #1086

Fireman

As promised, a video of the crane working.
A bogie has fallen onto the tracks and the crane is called in to help remove it.

This is a beautiful model with great detail, functional crane, smoke generator, cab lighting, work lights on the boom, operational sounds and additional sounds including "hammering" and "angle grinder"
I have only one criticism, and it is quite major in my opinion. The hook and pulley unit should have been made of brass or something heavier than the plastic it IS made from. Although the pulleys are metal, there is not enough weight to lower the hook without a load attached,hence the split in the video. there is even a "Special Notes" leaflet in the pack advising that if you try to lower the hook with no load, the cables may become twisted. They say its because of the prototypical cable guides, but I doubt the original cranes had that issue ! I now find myself looking for ways to add weight to the hook without it looking too obvious. A small piece of self adhesive lead tape cut to size on each side of the pulley housing will be my first try

+
SRman
post 8 Nov 2019, 23:49
Post #1087

Station Master

Member No.: 2,453

Alanoes, that crane looks superb. I love the actions.

The thing about the lack of weight in the hook is a major downer, but not insurmountable. Would it be possible to get an impression of the existing plastic hook and cast a replacement in lead? I did something like that with an old (non-operational) Hornby crane I tarted up, mainly to stop the cables jumping off their rollers when travelling. This was for the same reasons you experienced, in that the hook was way too light and so allowed the cables to 'float'.

+
Babz
post 9 Nov 2019, 20:05
Post #1088

Footplate Inspector

Member No.: 11,666

Hi alan and everyone very nice lok and crane it is one i would have liked in my collection. So i had a look on MSL and i nearly choked on my coffee when i saw the Price. I just bought 2 secondhand G Scale loks for not even the price. LGB Krokodile and LGB Mallett. Enjoy the model.
Babs

+
alanoes
post 10 Nov 2019, 20:20
Post #1089

Fireman

QUOTE (SRman @ 8 Nov 2019, 23:49) *
Alanoes, that crane looks superb. I love the actions.

The thing about the lack of weight in the hook is a major downer, but not insurmountable. Would it be possible to get an impression of the existing plastic hook and cast a replacement in lead? I did something like that with an old (non-operational) Hornby crane I tarted up, mainly to stop the cables jumping off their rollers when travelling. This was for the same reasons you experienced, in that the hook was way too light and so allowed the cables to 'float'.

Thanks for your comments SRman
I have now got over the problem
Cut some pieces of self adhesive lead tape to shape and stuck them to the sided of the hook/pulley assembly.

Then painted them up.

Doesn't look too bad from a distance and does the job. Also the tape can be removed for whatever reason and I have not damaged or altered the model in any way thumbsup.gif

Regards
Alan

+
alanoes
post 10 Nov 2019, 20:45
Post #1090

Fireman

Hi all.
This arrived yesterday from MSL. Roco 73023 86 257

Regards
Alan

+
alanoes
post 10 Nov 2019, 21:02
Post #1091

Fireman

QUOTE (Babz @ 9 Nov 2019, 20:05) *
Hi alan and everyone very nice lok and crane it is one i would have liked in my collection. So i had a look on MSL and i nearly choked on my coffee when i saw the Price.
Babs

laugh.gif
I know how you feel Babz but I couldn't resist the temptation. to be honest I've had that and several other locos on reserve at MSL for a while, and although the release dates were reasonably spread apart, they've all started arriving together yikes.gif
I still have the Trix 22403 S3/6 and two ESU tank locos on reserve, If they all turn up too quickly I'll have to remortgage the house. blink.gif
Regards
Alan

+
alanoes
post 18 Nov 2019, 21:20
Post #1092

Fireman

Hi all,
I've fitted a smoke generator to the Roco 73023

Disappointed to find that it doesn't have its own control and comes on when the sounds are switched on mad.gif

Regards
Alan

+
SimonBoulton
post 19 Nov 2019, 12:30
Post #1093

Fireman

Member No.: 1,827

Hopefully the DR version of the BR 86 will be released soon, looks like a very nice model Alan

+
alanoes
post 20 Nov 2019, 23:03
Post #1094

Fireman

Hi all,
Just arrived from MSL, Trix 22403 ( S 3/6. ) Another one I had on reservation, they're coming thick and fast biggrin.gif
Only have the two ESU tank locos left on reservations now, they were supposed to be released 1st quarter of 2019 huh.gif
Another lovely model from Trix with plenty of sound functions, built in smoke generator , detailed cab with lighting .

Sorry about the out of focus bits on the video sad.gif

Regards
Alan

+
Babz
post 21 Nov 2019, 17:11
Post #1095

Footplate Inspector

Member No.: 11,666

Alan very nice set of purchase indeed especialy the lovely big tender lok. The only items i purchased in HO recently is the ACME railalpin coaches to go with my Hag Bls car carrier wagons. I hope you get many hours of enjoyment from them. I like uour solution to thecrane problem shame that you had to do it and not Trix/ Marklin. Babs

+

78 Pages V  « < 71 72 73 74 75 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th August 2020 - 08:07