Model Railway Forum banner

Live report from the International Toy Fair - Nürnberg

27K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  80class 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Model Rail Forum will be reporting live from the International Toy Fair in Germany from Thursday morning (7th Feb). We will use this topic to link to stories and to show photos from the show.

When we return to base, we will compile detailed reports on the various brands.

Check this topic often or subscribe to it here.

These are the reports from the Nürnberg International Toy Fair. I'll add links from this post to the specific manufacturer reports. Please feel free to comment on any of the subject matter.

Hornby at Nürnberg 2008

Bachmann / Liliput

Roco

Zimo

ESU

Artmaster

4MFOR

Faller

Silhouette

Fulgurex

Brawa

Fleischmann

Heljan

LDT

LGB

Märklin

Noch

Preiser

Uhlenbrock

Heki

Busch

Bemo

This information and these images are copyright Model Rail Forum. You may use this information with the following conditions: You may take one or two images from each manufacturer as long as you host the image on your web site and credit the photography to Doug Teggin, Model Rail Forum. Resize the image if you wish. Use some of our comments and or make your own. Say where the images and original information comes from and add a link back to the article on Model Rail Forum. Do it like this (using the Hornby link as an example): [Original text and images via Model Rail Forum] or [Source: Model Rail Forum].
If you are perhaps interested in seeing some of our reports on the Slot Cars at the International Toy Fair this year, check out this link.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please can you ask at the Aoshima stand (if you can find someone that speaks english!!) what happened to the moulds for the electric locomotive kits?

Also if Arii are there can you find out what the situation is with their kits. they are good quality plastic kits but they are as rare as hens teeth. they are a subsiduary of Microace

Peter

#4 ·
Hi Doug, I look forward to your reports and photos, if they're as good as last year we are in for a treat.

Regards

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 8 Feb 2008, 23:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anything ESU, Trix, Brawa or Roco would be appreciated Doug.

Cheers and thanks for making the effort. It is highly appreciated.

I have heard that the main news from ESU is that the dynamis is to be released as an ESU product with one big upgrade, the removal of infra red coms to be replaced by proper radio wireless. It will be released in both ECoS add on form and stand alone. There will also be a new servo controller, not sure on the details of this yet! Hopefully Doug will have more on both!

Rob

EDIT: Darn I see I missed the thread on this that already exists!

#10 ·
QUOTE (80class @ 9 Feb 2008, 13:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have heard that the main news from ESU is that the dynamis is to be released as an ESU product with one big upgrade, the removal of infra red coms to be replaced by proper radio wireless. It will be released in both ECoS add on form and stand alone. There will also be a new servo controller, not sure on the details of this yet! Hopefully Doug will have more on both!

Rob

EDIT: Darn I see I missed the thread on this that already exists!
I think it's quite probable that the version sold under the Bachmann badge was budget dictated hence the infra red instead of wireless, whereas the one sold under ESU's own brand name will be full spec's.

#11 ·
"Peter, I have some Aoshima news for you, a catalogue and a retaier in Japan that you can use to place orders for Aoshima products. Was it train stuff that you were after? "

Yipeee!!!!!

Yes it was the railway kits i am after. i actually dont know exactly what they sell. i have heard they do electric loco kits of japanese prototyes. i have no idea what scale they are in.
I look forward to seeing the catalouge.

Peter

#12 ·
Hi guys and girls,

I'm back home and am recuperating after a hectic few days. It was actually much less stressful than usual as I flew there and back. We arrived the day before the show and stayed on an extra night than usual.

I took about 530 photos and with two colleagues we took about 1200 in all and saw most of the train and slotcar manufacturers. I will compile reports starting tomorrow with my photos and info from the press packs. I don't promise to finish tomorrow, but it should be done in the next few days. I'm in the UK from Wednesday and will have more news to report next week-end.

Here are a few photos to give you an appetizer of things to come.

Hornby Metal. Exclusive news to follow

Doug does Hornby

...ESU

...Roco

A taste of some interesting subject matter

Zimo and Microsoft Train Sim hardware

Some big layouts

Figures

Amazing scenery

#13 ·
That amazing scenery really is something else
. It's that kind of stuff that is often over looked in reports but it's so hard to find when you want it.

I look forward to reading your write ups.

David

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
These are the reports from the Nürnberg International Toy Fair. I'll add links from this post to the specific manufacturer reports. Please feel free to comment on any of the subject matter.

Hornby at Nürnberg 2008

Bachmann / Liliput

Roco

Zimo

ESU

Artmaster

4MFOR

Faller

Silhouette

Fulgurex

Brawa

Fleischmann

Heljan

LDT

LGB

Märklin

Noch

Preiser

Uhlenbrock

Heki

This information and these images are copyright Model Rail Forum. You may use this information with the following conditions: You may take one or two images from each manufacturer as long as you host the image on your web site and credit the photography to Doug Teggin, Model Rail Forum. Resize the image if you wish. Use some of our comments and or make your own. Say where the images and original information comes from and add a link back to the article on Model Rail Forum. Do it like this (using the Hornby link as an example): [Original text and images via Model Rail Forum] or [Source: Model Rail Forum].

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
The index above is basically complete.

Here are some random photos from the show.

A little TT scale loco from Tillig:

A specialized transporter from Trix:

Some live steam engines from Wilesco.

The Germans don't go in for weathering much. They like everything clean and bright. Here was one exception. A little stand where a couple of models were shown with excellent weathering. I like the dust or mud on the wind shield wiped away with the wipers.

A stunning example of a hand made loco. G scale at least.

On the same stand. This was the biggest at the show. It was running too on a rolling road or a stand that lifted the loco up. There were people just sitting watching it - mesmerised. It must have been 2.5m to 3m long!

At the entrance of the train hall - out of the hall itself was the stand of KM1 Modellbau (http://www.km-1.de/) with smelly trains puffing away. I thing that the German health and safety probably wouldn't have allowed them in the hall itself. A great sight to see, hear and spell. All the senses at work here.

As you see, we had great fun. What a wonderful experience. I have a whole collection of slotcar reports to finish off too. I'll show you the link to them tomorrow. I hope that you enjoy browsing these photos.

#20 ·
Thanks so much for all this work Doug
I really have enjoyed browsing the photos. It has reminded me that when I am on the continent I really must take a closer look at the scenic stuff in the model shops.

QUOTE The index above is basically complete.
After such extensive coverage, it does churlish to ask, but was there nothing new of interest on the Lenz stand?

David

#21 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 11 Feb 2008, 20:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...
After such extensive coverage, it does churlish to ask, but was there nothing new of interest on the Lenz stand?

Ok, I'll get to the final comment - perhaps tomorrow. I just have a couple of slotcar reports to do fist.

I think that Lenz has had it. Unless someone comes along and buys the brand before it's completely washed-out.

#24 ·
Must try harder next year Doug....over twenty threads....incredible.

Another truly fantastic show report. Every year it makes me want to go and visit the show, is it trade only or can anyone go?

As much as it disappoints me, I agree about Lenz. The clock has been ticking for some time.

Thanks again,

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.