Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slow server
Model Rail Forum > The Signal Box - General Information > About this Bulletin Board
Doug
The server seems slower than usual. Also quite a few double posts are appearing - so, until I get the tech guys to look at it, please be patient.

Don't click the 'post' or 'send' buttons more than once. If you do, a double post or message will be generated and that is just more work for the mods. Check your browser status bar and if it says 'Waiting for www.modelraiforum.com...' after clicking the buttons, it means the server has received the command and is processing the request.
pauliebanger
Doug,

Double post happened to me just now. I did not hit the send button twice - I got an error message from the board.

Paul
Long funnel & tiresome
For me this seems always a time issue - in the morning around 0800H MRF time. I assumed it had to do with everyone getting to work and logging on.

LF&T
Doug
The server backs up in the early morning (UK timezone). The backup process generates loads of log files which clog up the system. They are then deleted by a script. This could be the problem.

I advise members to get up later wink.gif or I'll see if the tech guys can do the backup a few hours earlier.
David Todd
Found that a lot of my d/post's last week were down to my cppm have since renewed and has been ok
kiwionrails
That explains alot rolleyes.gif

Regards,

Cameron(Kiwionrails)
David Todd
That explains alot
??

cppm === cheap-poor-performing-mouse..... biggrin.gif

See you managed to get off the A1m LTF.....
Alfaz-di-pi
I have found the forum very slow to Fire up for quite a while but thought perhaps it was my computor.

Albert.
Long funnel & tiresome
cheap-poor-performing-mouse

This looks to be a better performing-mouse

LF&T
3raildriver
Just thought it was my slow internet speed sad.gif
conmaira
Main thing I found was that it was quicker and more effective to use "View New Posts" rather than use the back button to look at posts. Previously the back button tool me back without any delay.

Hugh
Free_at _last
Sometimes I find the back button doesn't change the page unless I click twice. If I click on the drop down of recent pages, it's had something to do with facebook.
Swamp Locos
QUOTE (Free_at _last @ 16 May 2012, 03:43) *
Sometimes I find the back button doesn't change the page unless I click twice. If I click on the drop down of recent pages, it's had something to do with facebook.

Thats interesting, Iv'e noticed the back arrow button doesn't work at times too. But if it doesn't work, it doesn't matter how many times (or how hard) I hit it, it just doesn't work.
I hadn't noticed the Facebook connection before, as I don't use Facebook (no friends!), but I will keep an eye on it in future.

Thanks

Jay smile.gif
preston
Hi all

Never had a problem with the site, a bit slow logging on sometimes, but after that; ok. Could be your kit? always assmble my own since my first ZX' don't give up or get frustrated, thumbsup.gif

Cheers Preston
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.