Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Model Rail Forum Plus+ membership changes
Model Rail Forum > The Signal Box - General Information > About this Bulletin Board
Doug
This topic will be used to explain the changes to the Plus+ system.

More info to follow.
Doug
All Plus+ members have now been informed by email and their subscriptions have been cancelled via Paypal.

If you are a Plus+ member and have missed the email:

The Model Rail Forum Plus+ membership package is being modified. Part of this modification is switching Paypal accounts on our side. This means that we have to cancel all subscriptions on our end. You will keep your Model Rail Forum Plus+ membership until it runs out on the anniversary of when you last payment was made. Then you will have the opportunity to resubscribe to the new Model Rail Forum Plus+ package.

Take note that normal member Personal Message (PM) space is 150 messages. Model Rail Forum Plus+ membership PM space is 500 messages. When your Model Rail Forum Plus+ membership expires, and if you have more than 150 PM messages in your mailboxes, they will be full. It is recommended that you archive or delete PM messages prior to your Model Rail Forum Plus+ membership expiring. You can archive messages, saving them to your computer.

When your Model Rail Forum Plus+ membership expires and if you have used the Gallery, Gallery images will remain yours and you will not loose any uploaded content. You will not however be able to upload new content. When you re-subscribe to the new Model Rail Forum Plus+ membership, your Gallery access will be restored.

More information about the new Model Rail Forum Plus+ membership will be made available soon here: https://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...p;page=MRF-Plus
Sol
I was surprised Doug to get that e-mail as I had not renewed my Plus membership about 12 months or so ago and cancelled the auto Paypal method of renewing the subs.
Doug
Ron, you may have cancelled the subscription through PayPal, but you remain a Plus+ member until that renewal date comes around - as with all other Plus+ members. You won't loose your Plus+ benefits today.

Hopefully the new Plus+ system (with a few new options) will be in place soon.
LFDRR
QUOTE (Doug @ 6 Dec 2012, 10:24) *
Part of this modification is switching Paypal accounts on our side. This means that we have to cancel all subscriptions on our end.

Hi Doug

Does this bit mean that once we subscribe again, we can't unsubscribe, it has to be done on your side?

Angie
Doug
When the new Plus+ offer is ready and when you resubscribe (assuming that you will), you can cancel at any time via PayPal as you have been able to do up to now.

Cancelling via Paypal doesn't delete your Plus+, it just prevents the forum from renewing your subscription automatically the next year.
LFDRR
Thanks Doug, That'll save me remembering to subscribe each time.

Angie
sean hpw
how much is the plus membership Doug? (I have read it recently i just cant remember it)
kiwionrails
Hmm, i did wonder why i had received an email from paypal telling me it had been cancelled

QUOTE (sean hpw @ 6 Dec 2012, 17:39) *
how much is the plus membership Doug? (I have read it recently i just cant remember it)

15 Euros IIRC

Regards,

Cameron(Kiwionrails)
David Todd
You find the details here........but read the important message in RED

https://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...p;page=MRF-Plus
sean hpw
awesome, i will wait till things have sorted out, i hope we will still be able to pay via paypal!!

Sean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.