Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show Your Latest Purchase In Ho International
Model Rail Forum > The Engine Sheds - Community Forums > HO & International
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Babz
Hi Just Received These from MSL today the SBB Die Post wagons are Really Nice More Die Post wagons to Follow In Week50/51. Babs

OK Babz, let's keep this thread going.
This is not a really new purchase, but today I realised I don't have any photos of it, or posted them online.
This was on special for 130Euro about 18 months ago. Didn't need it, didn't run much in my prototype area, impulse purchase, but it is my era 3a, and it is a nice model...
It is the three car Vt 12 unit from Roco, catalogue 63132.....

motorwagon

good inscriptions

I think everyone needs one !

reddo
With you on that one 6991 - I picked up the Sound version in 2013 http://www.reynaulds.com/products/Roco/63133.aspx. It is a very nice set.

Babz - nice wagons - were they on special price?

Have been saving a few Euros here as it is the Munich Model Train show this weekend.
Babz
Hello 6991 & Reddo, Lets see if we can Keep this Thread going, I do like your Railcar . I have a set of these in N Gauge Arnold Runs really well 4 cars , But one of the couplings are broken and i cannot get the spares. I wont go into the Company In Germany that handles the Spares for Hornby International.

Reddo You could have told me it was The Munich Show i would have Flown Down In my LearJet Ha HA ( EasyJet ) I did Get the SBB Die Post Wagons for 66.60 Euro,s for 2 They come In pairs I am waiting for the yellow ones to come out Week 50/51 and there is also Heris ones in a pack of three coming out no date yet The DRG Wagon were 29 euros each.
I hope you enjoyed the show. I went to the Lancing MRC show today in West Sussex but it does not have the same ring to it as the Munich one. Babs
How interesting Babz, I went to South Lancing Primary School between 1959 and 1963.
In those days it had a thriving British Railways (Southern Region) Carriage Works - their open days were amazing and helped to sow the seed of railway disease.
A long way from beautiful Bulli NSW.
Cheers
Babz
6991 How Nice and thank you for sharing, I'm afraid it is nothing like that now sad to say. Babs
Babz
HI Guy's Just Received these from MSL

The Other Part is to Follow Can Anybody Suggest which Locomotive that would hav pulled them Babs

Hello Babz,
Look, this will be a guide/guess, and I assume these wagons are marked up for somewhere in the 1924-28 era (it will be important just to check these dates on the wagons - get your magnifying glass out !).
In Germany at least, the route at this time looks like being Strasbourg - Kehl - Karlsruhe - Pforzheim - Stuttgart - Crailsheim - Nurnberg - Marktredwitz - Schirnding - Cheb. In the text it says that the two extra cars were added at Stuttgart (did these come from somewhere else, I wonder?).
So cutting this up into the logical Laenderbahn sectors, you could say that it was likely that a former Baden Pacific IVf or IVh could be used from Kehl to Pforzheim (or possibly Stuttgart, I'm not sure how picky they were at State borders in the 1920's). I think most of the IVh class were stationed at Offenburg after delivery so this would be logical.
For a prestige train like this, they'd want to use their best engines, so for the Wuerttemberg part, I'd say an 18.1 would be appropriate, possibly piloted by a T5 (75.0) for the initial stage out of Stuttgart. The 18.1 would stay with the train to Crailsheim, where likely a 18.4 or 18.5 would be the train engine. Probably anything from series a-f or h-k might be suitable - series k was delivered in 1923 or so. I have all the dates for these but I can't lay my fingers on the exact book at the moment, so I may change this.
The 18.4 or 18.5 would then likely take the train to Marktredwitz (possibly a change in Nurnberg). You could have engines with Bavarian numbers to 1926 when they were renumbered - so there are heaps of detail possibilities. It's also worth noting that three of the original series of Br 01 were delivered to Hof in 1926 as 01 005,6,7 so even these could be possible here for the run to/through Nurnberg.
These years were a time of great change : livery, numbers, nationalisation, so a lot of stuff could happen, however with this stock I reckon you want to keep it all pre-1930 maybe - and I don't know that much about earlyish Ep II. Maybe Marktredwitz to Schirnding could be a 38 even !!!
In short, there are a lot of possibilities, but they are not completely random... However, at 3.30am, unable to access my stuff for fear of waking others, it's the best I can do off the top of my head..
Interesting question, many possibilities, hope these are some ideas.
Babz
6991 What can i say, Thank you such a wealth of Knowledge i am Envious. I have two Dampf's that I can use. one is Roco and one is Fleischmann

I prefer the Roco one myself.Thank you once again Babs
Hi Babz,
Too kind innocent.gif
The Fleischmann loco you illustrate represents the 18.6 class. This class was introduced in the early 1950s, they were rebuilds of the series' l to o built during the 1920s (18.509 - 18 548). These locos would not have hauled your train. The Roco model is beautiful. 18 417 was built in 1911 (part of series c).
Adrian Ross
QUOTE (Babz @ 22 Nov 2015, 00:07) *
HI Guy's Just Received these from MSL

Hello,
From what I've seen elsewhere, it's a very nice set. I briefly considered it, but I'm not convinced that I could mix these blue cars with either my existing brown car set; or the later 1930s steel cars. I already have too many LS models coaches on pre-order anyway...

6991's list of potential locos is staggering. If you already own the 18.4 then use that. If you're buying another loco, then get an 18.1. People say the former Wurrtemburg 'C' is a beautiful loco; it turns out people are right.
Even though Matrix are bringing out a new version, there's nothing wrong with the Roco one...

This is the Epoche 3a version (last one was withdrawn in 1955). They also did Ep 1 and Ep 2 versions.. and a special Wuerttemberg wagon set, which we have discussed on other threads.
Cheers
Babz
HI Adrian & 6991, I'm afraid i will have to use the ones i have got I Favour the Roco one as my Budget for anymore big redand Blacks has run out. Sadly I have Plenty of running stock. Babs
I just re-read my last post - and I notice it didn't make much sense ! and I should have said that the Roco engine is absolutely ideal for your rolling stock smile.gif . It is a lovely engine.
Just keep the 18.6 away from the stock.
When I said
These locos would not have hauled your train.
- the statement referred to the engines of the class 18.6 and not 18 417 !!
Sorry Babz, for the confusion, it was 3am and one of the cats was scratching at my door to be let out.
Babz
6991 Thank you for all of that. Can i have a pic of your cat please by PM. Regarding the confusion I am now very delighted i have a good engine to haul the Coaches. Than you once again Babs
Greyvoices
Will a photo of my cat be acceptable Babs?

Brawa model of a Class 234 experimentally fitted with a Caterpillar motor.

Brawa did a lovely three loco set in the nineties, one motorised, the other two without motors ............. of the three Class 232 (just renumbered from the DR Class number 132) that were experimentally fitted with upgraded motors to provide reliability and fuel savings plus regearing for passenger work. The eventual production run were fitted with the upgraded Kolomna motor as Classes 233 and 234.

I was lucky to find the Brawa set on eBay being sold by a UK loco driver who lived in the Northwest. The set lurks somewhere in a box in the garage and writing about it makes me want to dig it out.

Best regards .............. Greyvoices (alias John)
Babz
John That is a very nice cat, i was hoping of a pic of the furry kind. but thank you. Babs
reddo
Babz - nice to see you picked up those Trix sets from MSL - I cut a deal with my UK supplier so I am hoping they will turn up before Xmas. Nice to have all the info on which Epoch locos would have drawn them. Cheers
Hi Babz,
I tried to send a message, I think it failed, I sent another, I think it failed, did you get it/them or not?
Babz
6991 Yes I did get them both and thank you Very Very much, The cats are Beautiful, lovely story. Babs
Adrian Ross
QUOTE (6991 @ 22 Nov 2015, 12:06) *
Even though Matrix are bringing out a new version, there's nothing wrong with the Roco one..
Cheers

I already have the 37116 version; I can't afford a second one. I have a couple of different Roco units in wishlists around the traps.

QUOTE (Babz)
I Favour the Roco one as my Budget for anymore big red and Blacks has run out. Sadly I have Plenty of running stock. Babz

Sounds familiar. I have plenty of running stock now also, strangely, not sad about this at all.
This is also the first year where I have only bought on pre-orders. Most were Brawa freight cars, so that probably consumed the cost of one loco anyway... huh.gif
Babz
I would like to ask is this Locomotive okay to pull the 1928 coaches. Thank you in Advance. Babs

Hi Babz,
I really think that the Roco loco you picture is from the pre-1914 era, so not quite exact for the blue coaches, although it would 'do' from a distance.
If you really want a green one, I would definitely say that the Fleischmann loco 411902 would be a better fit if you want it exact. This loco is one of series 'k', delivered in November/December 1923. Also it is a model of loco 3687 (later 18 486) and after delivery it was allocated directly to Nuremberg Hbf so would almost certainly have pulled your train at some stage (I would bet my house on it). Moreover, the Fleischmann loco is finished in the in the running condition from 1924 or so, so really exact - the Trix coaches they say are 1924-1928.
This would be a really cute match.
Hope this helps.

Have a look at this page..
http://www.eisenbahnjahre.de/fleischmann-s...ltung-bayern-h0
Adrian Ross
QUOTE (Babz @ 25 Nov 2015, 21:27) *
I would like to ask is this Locomotive okay to pull the 1928 coaches. Thank you in Advance. Babs

Hello,
For the timeline 1922-1924, I would think that this loco (S3/6?) should have the word 'BAYERN' on the tender instead.
Generally speaking, a DRG black and red from any of the express classes BR01-BR19 would be suitable; with the bigger 231 pacifics being more so.
So, for me, the Roco 18.4 shown earlier would be the one to go with.
You might like to do some research on the Gruppenverwaltung Bayern. If the period 1919-1925 wasn't confusing already, GVB just throws another spanner into the works.
Adrian Ross
QUOTE (6991 @ 26 Nov 2015, 05:40) *
Hi Babz,
I really think that the Roco loco you picture is from the pre-1914 era, so not quite exact for the blue coaches, although it would 'do' from a distance.
If you really want a green one, I would definitely say that the Fleischmann loco 411902 would be a better fit if you want it exact. This loco is one of series 'k', delivered in November/December 1923. Also it is a model of loco 3687 (later 18 486) and after delivery it was allocated directly to Nuremberg Hbf so would almost certainly have pulled your train at some stage (I would bet my house on it). Moreover, the Fleischmann loco is finished in the in the running condition from 1924 or so, so really exact - the Trix coaches they say are 1924-1928.
This would be a really cute match.
Hope this helps.

Have a look at this page..
http://www.eisenbahnjahre.de/fleischmann-s...ltung-bayern-h0

What he said, plus those green FLs are being run out at about 25% off, currently EUR360 for the sound version
Adrian Ross
A purchase from earlier this year, Brawa's 47822 (2014 issue).

Adrian Ross
Brawa 47817. Whilst I got it about 6 months ago, it was released a few years back now.

Adrian Ross
An unplanned purchase, but when Brawa says "50% off"; I say "yes".
I am focussing on smaller car puchases now anyway.

Adrian Ross
A 3rd class to match the previous post.
iPhotos don't work well.

Babz
Good Evening 6991 & Adrian Thank you for all the Info, at the time of preordering the Coaches i never gave it a thought to what Engine would pull it, unfortunately Fleischmann 411902 is not available at the Moment I will just have to use the Roco18-4 and maybe the other in the PictureBut after looking through My Inventory i do have Fleischmann 411972 Thank you to you both.

Adrian I really like your Wagons and Brawa Coaches the Brawa articles are really great. I have so far not paid the Full price for Brawa Coaches i am like you i get it while the Iron is Hot. Thank you for sharing.

Babs
Adrian Ross
Hello,
In an effort to control spending, my purchases this year were mostly pre-orders from Brawa. I will dig out the 3 or 4 that I've received already and post them later. Another two are in transit, along with a silent DRG BR94.
With the exception of the 2015 pre-orders, most of my Brawa choices were made on the basis of being discounted. I simply couldn't afford them otherwise.
Babz
QUOTE (Babz @ 25 Nov 2015, 21:05) *
Good Evening 6991 & Adrian Thank you for all the Info, at the time of preordering the Coaches i never gave it a thought to what Engine would pull it, unfortunately Fleischmann 411902 is not available at the Moment I will just have to use the Roco18-4 and maybe the other in the PictureBut after looking through My Inventory i do have Fleischmann 411972 Thank you to you both.

Adrian I really like your Wagons and Brawa Coaches the Brawa articles are really great. I have so far not paid the Full price for Brawa Coaches i am like you i get it while the Iron is Hot. Thank you for sharing.

Babs

Adrian Ross
QUOTE (Babz @ 26 Nov 2015, 08:05) *
unfortunately Fleischmann 411902 is not available at the Moment I will just have to use the Roco18-4 and maybe the other in the Picture.
Babs

hello,
Maybe not that model; the one I was thinking of is 411903/411973. This is marked as a DRG loco, not Bayern. So, I'd guess a slightly later timeframe. Still a few around, but not everyone is passing on the discount. I missed the Bayern version; I expect that by the time I get the money, all the DRG versions will be gone also. Normally what happens... dry.gif
I think the general consensus is that the Roco is perfect for the job.
Babz

Thank you Adrian & 6991 for all the help. Best Regards Babs
For the life of me I cannot see the difference between 411902 and 411972, no problem, if you have this loco it is perfect as mentioned above, right engine, right time for the coaches.
I actually have a picture of this loco (3687) hauling a Berlin express in 1925. I also have a photo of a Nuremberg 18.4 hauling the exact Paris-Karlsbad-Prague express near Schnabelwald, close to where the junction to Bayreuth is, just after the Pegnitztal.. However, this photo is 1935 and by this time the new generation of CIWL coaches are making up the train.
As we all discussed above, the Roco loco 18.417 is also good, but 3687 is absolutely perfect. smile.gif
Cheers
Adrian Ross
QUOTE (6991 @ 26 Nov 2015, 11:55) *
For the life of me I cannot see the difference between 411902 and 411972, smile.gif
Cheers

Hello,
The '7' has a sound chip. Otherwise the same, methinks.
reddo
Babz - thanks for asking all the questions that I am thinking at the same time. 6991 and Adrian - thanks for all the replies - very interesting (as usual)
This is not a new wagon, but it is my first serious attempt at putting on some 'weathering'... probably amateurish, but I didn't want to go overboard..

Makes me feel as if it's a new wagon anyway...

reddo
Or is that 'over-weatherboard' cool.gif I was thinking a couple of months back about starting a beer wagon collection of all the beers around me near Munich...
tonkatoy
Hello all,
thoroughly enjoying this thread and would like to contribute if/when I can work out how to post photos again....Anyway, think I've sussed it again, so not a recent purchase but slightly unusual, the Trix Adler Anniversary set with a decoder built into the loco. Looks great next to the Big Boy.....
Cheers
Ian

Adrian Ross
QUOTE (6991 @ 26 Nov 2015, 16:41) *
This is not a new wagon, but it is my first serious attempt at putting on some 'weathering'... probably amateurish, but I didn't want to go overboard..
Makes me feel as if it's a new wagon anyway...

Hello,
if you were trying to make it look rusted, then it works for me.
Adrian Ross
QUOTE (tonkatoy @ 27 Nov 2015, 07:57) *
Hello all,
thoroughly enjoying this thread and would like to contribute if/when I can work out how to post photos again....Anyway, think I've sussed it again, so not a recent purchase but slightly unusual, the Trix Adler Anniversary set with a decoder built into the loco. Looks great next to the Big Boy.....
Cheers
Ian

Hello,
I haven't ever seen the original set with the different carriages before, so thanks.
Adrian Ross
Hello,
Here's another one that I got around June.
I haven't bought very much this year. I'm very happy with the few items I have got. Glad to see others getting some enjoyment as well.

Babz
Good Morning Everyone, Yes it is becoming a very interesting thread. 6991 your weathering looks great and adrian i do like the SBB wagons i did not go for those but now i wish i had. Tonkatoy welcome to the thread i do like your trix train I bought something not quite like that earlier this year for me it was Quercky but nice complete with sound it is a lot smaller in the flesh than i would have like but it is to scale.

I may have some coaches to pull for the Dampf above. Babs
Babz
My Latest Purchase today Have been waiting a while for thses BLS wagons. Babs

Adrian Ross
QUOTE (Babz @ 27 Nov 2015, 18:23) *
the SBB wagons i did not go for those but now i wish i had.

I may have some coaches to pull for the Dampf above. Babs

Hello,
I'm not really a collector of SBB, but I seem to have more then a few now. I went for these Brawa 'branded' cars mainly because they were Era II. Like you, I've regretted not buying some of Brawa's earlier issues. Once they're gone, folk tend to hang onto them.

Do you have that Trix loco already? If the cars are matrix 'oldtimer' ones, then the trix version normally has lighting, but check first.
Babz
Adrian thank you for that, I do have the Trix loco. I will check thank you. Over the Last few years i have steered mostly towards Swiss As i am fascinated by there unusual Elok's. I spend a lot of time In Luzern and i am alway's traveling around by train I love the Double Deckers. Babs
dwb
QUOTE (Babz @ 27 Nov 2015, 22:41) *
Adrian thank you for that, I do have the Trix loco. I will check thank you. Over the Last few years i have steered mostly towards Swiss As i am fascinated by there unusual Elok's. I spend a lot of time In Luzern and i am alway's traveling around by train I love the Double Deckers. Babs

Two of my favourite Swiss things. I have great memories of visits to Lucerne including "fasnacht" and an eight coach IC2000 set lurking on my layout.

David
Babz
Ah the IC2000 I am very fortunate to have 2 rakes of these which is one of many favourites. Babs

dwb
There's a short glimpse of ours at the end of this clip

David
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.