Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GW Wheel press and quartering jig.
Model Rail Forum > The Engine Sheds - Community Forums > OO Gauge & 4mm Scale
hoonsou
I've got a Hornby T9 which I've bought a new set of drivers for. This was to get rid of the tyres. I wanted the GW wheel press and quartering jig so that I could keep it running as smooth as it all ready did but George? Weston said his jigs only worked on finescale wheels, namely Sharman, Ultrascale or Gibson I think. Does anyone know if I can use this on my T9? The wheels are really nice but I just want rid of the tyres.
21C1
Do you mean the rubber tyres? Romford or Scale link wheels don't need the quartering tool as they are fitted on a squared axle. Which wheels did you buy?
hoonsou
I bought the Hornby wheels intending to swap the non tyred ones onto the driven axle. GW says he does three types; Sharman, Gibson or Ultrascale. I'm thinking of buying one, but don't know which one, if any would be suitable to try modifying.
21C1
I don't think this tool will work on Hornby wheels. The jig is for 1/8" or 3mm diameter axles. Hornby use 9/64" dia axles. This would probably be better if you can find one. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hamblings-Model-...dEAAOSwHr1eYK82
hoonsou
Thanks for that, I've asked a friend to order one for me as they won't post to Australia... wonder why.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.