Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone Help im about to start off my Railway Model and have decided to use Peco 009 Track (Similar to N Gauge) What i require is a Engine/Body of 00 Gauge with the Chassis of a 009 to fit my Track. Does anyone have any engines/Carriages etc they are prepared to sell.

Thanks In Advance

Ken

·
DT
4,794 Posts
What scale or effect are you tying to archive mixing OO with OO9?

OO9 and OO both share the same scale ratio of 1:76.2 and model with 4mm to the foot. Why not just look for OO9 locos.

HOe is pretty similar with a scale ratio of 1:87.1 and 3.5 mm to the foot. Also running on 9mm gauge track.

Lots of stuff on eBay.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi - have a look on ebay there are usually some 009/HOe S/H locos RTR that arn't too expensive. Egger/Roco/jouef etc. Small diesels are best if you want it to look British. There are usually some kit built British items, but they can be expensive. Alternativly buy a Dapol Pug 040ST kit (OO ex Airfix) part build it and stuff almost any 060 N gauge loco chassis in it. Parkside-Dundas make a good number of wagon and coach plastic kits in 009.

Have a look at the N & OO9 section in these forums for ideas. (have a look at Madkitten's stuff there, really super stuff!)

David Y

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As i totally New to this game i sought advice from my local model shop in Durham after buying Peco 009 Track, I don't really fancy the Small n gauge trains, so he adviced me to get as asked 00 body with 009 Chassis. I'd be no good at attempting to build this up as yet so thought i would take the quick route and see if anyone had any readily made up at there disposal.

The main problem is im only on a 10ft x 3 ft baseboard hence the 009 Track, as a different post i made on this forum im am going to attempt to re-recreate http://009modelrailway.fotopic.net/c1144285.html or parts of it at least. So i only took advice what he told me if there's 00 gauge sized trains that run on this Peco 009 track that is what im after if its possible.

Please excuse my innocent Thickness as i've only been into this hobby for a few days, and we all started somewhere

Ken

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will have to pay around £60 for a good model loco on Ebay and £10>£15 for a coach . Make sure that they have couplings on as a lot of people will take them off when they sell then as they cost about 75p each ! coupling . If you have the money look out for Poo & spud they make some very nice models but you will have to dig deep into your pocket for these they always sell for over £100
009 has it own listing on Ebay so its not to bad comes under
http://collectables.listings.ebay.co.uk/Tr...ListingItemList
hope it helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Teleman @ 5 Jan 2008, 23:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You will have to pay around £60 for a good model loco on Ebay and £10>£15 for a coach . Make sure that they have couplings on as a lot of people will take them off when they sell then as they cost about 75p each ! coupling . If you have the money look out for Poo & spud they make some very nice models but you will have to dig deep into your pocket for these they always sell for over £100
009 has it own listing on Ebay so its not to bad comes under
http://collectables.listings.ebay.co.uk/Tr...ListingItemList
hope it helps

That helps LOADS mate, Thank You Very Much. I owe ya one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (nevardmedia @ 5 Jan 2008, 23:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you're serious about 009, you might want to join the 009 Society http://www.009society.com/
As a member, you'll be able to take advantage of the second hand sales, which usually has a large number of loco's and stock.

Cheers Mate Yes im going to join, i seen this earlier tonight whilst browsing seems great.

Thanks Ken

·
Registered
59 Posts
No problem just dont bid on the ones i want .... only joking also look in the n gauge as sometimes people list them wrong
and welcome to the world of 009 ive been here for years now and its great fun cause you can put what you like on the track as most lines made there own rolling stock and ran it on a tight buget so just enjoy the modeling

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK guys i seen what i thought was a real bargain today and could resist it, It means i have to adjust my BaseBoard by 1 ft but i can just about do it.

Whilst at the metro center today i went to Model Zone and they had a Bargain i could'nt resist. Hornby GWR Digital Western Pullman for £149
after walking away i thought shit with it, so i went back. I think i was trying to run before i crawled in trying to take on the task i had planned, so it thought lets take it easy and start as a beginner should and then be more adventurous So my 009 is shelved for the moment until my knowledge and experience grows.

Do you think i have done the right thing here.

The Set comes with some lovely engines and carriages to get you going aswell and ready to use.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.railway-models.co.uk/774_1_2096634.html

http://www.hornby.com/hornby-dcc-135/r1077/product.html

Ken

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Hi Ken and welcome to the world of model railways. Don't worry about innocent thickness, plenty of us have been developing that skill for years!

As far as start sets go you got yourself a bargan. Enjoy it. The world of OO will be an easier learning curve than 009.

A word on the Select DCC. If you read up on it, you'll find some negative things and some positives too! Don't let any of that bother you, just enjoy the hobby.

Any problems post away, we'll be happy to help.

Rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cheers mate i really needed to hear this, the thought of this bargain was to good to miss out on, that was the deciding factor aswell as the main 00 gauge was what i was after in the first place. now i can get started once i sort my baseboard out in a couple of days.

Not sure i like the Trakmat setup that comes with it, so once its setup im going to remove the Trakmat and re-adjust to my own ideas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think you have done the right thing and i would ditch the track mat i did with my sons
You can always add some 009 track in later as they are both the same scale thats how i started .A mining yard supplied by a narrow gauge railway ? or a line to a hoilday camp ? and im sure you can think of a lot more

1 - 15 of 15 Posts