Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Any of them as most have a range of different exhibtors.

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Hi Tom,

Thats a bit of a 'how longs a piece of string' question.

Most exhibitions offer a range of scales & image so as to maximise the biggest pull of visitors.

Another concideration are how far do you want to travel, look im the magazines for shows near you, or contact your local club, many will be able to help you with ideas for you own layout

Brian
CMWE Milldale

·
Administrator
9,852 Posts
QUOTE Whats the biggest show in the UK

The Warley show at the NEC just before Christmas has to be a contender for this. There are usually discussions about it on the Forum after the event and a few photos - This is the set I took at the 2008 show but you won't see too may modern image layouts, it's not my "thing".

The Festival of Railway modelling at Alexandra Palace in London around Easter time is pretty large.

The Railex exhibition organised by the Risborough and District model railway club is a worth a visit if you're more interested in the "finescale" side of things.

None of them feature modern image to the exclusion of all else.

David

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Not sure if its the biggest, but Warley Show held annually at the NEC is a very good show, lots of quality layouts and well supported with trade

Very soon is another big one at Alley Palley in London hosted by the BRM and I think the Scotish one is soon (bachmann are due to release their 2009 range there) Just gone was one up at Harrogate

Look in the Exhibitions section on the forum for dates

Brian
CME Milldale

·
Registered
334 Posts
QUOTE (tom @ 4 Feb 2009, 19:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What is the best exhibition to visit for modern image 00 scale layouts.

With out dought if interested in modern image you need to Join DEMU for information.

The "Showcase" exhibition is however open to anyone and is is in June, held in Burton on trent. As you can imagine, its all diesel and electric (Modern image can now only be those modelling DB, even I an EWS moideler am now in the past lol) layouts, trade and displays, many of which are oo /em /p4 though I am sure you will find insparation from the other scales there.

http://www.demu.org.uk/

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Im going to Ally Pally this year. WoHOO!

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 5 Feb 2009, 09:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Im going to Ally Pally this year. WoHOO!
Im guessing this is london,do you know of cheap accomodation if I was to get the train up to this show?

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Sorry I don't as we are travelling up from Deal (Dover) perhaps a search on the web?
click here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts