Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
thats a great idea.
Currently I have been using a small spirit level for this purpose but this would be better as it is smaller and can fit into narrower cuttings. Trix also do a special car with a sprit level for their five year Profi club members. Which looks pretty good. I can't post a picture as I haven't seen it on the net and only in the club magazine.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Cant help thinking that; that spirit level device is a bit over the top. is it sitting on HO/OO gauge track? if it is, the detail of the fish plate looks interesting, don't look like a standard peco fitting

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thunder take a look at the title of the thread.
What maybe over the top for HO/OO becomes an important tool when you are building a garden railroad and laying track like the real thing.

Don't forget the gauge part, the leading cause for derailments is badly layed track and out of gauge wheels and points.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I should have known better, than to make a silly remark like that, just after laying a OO gauge track in my garden, i used a builders level to make sure my surfaces where level before i laid any tracks, but still got problems on the curves, so my apologies for putting my foot in it before thinking about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts