Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if any company makes a 12t ventilated van with opening doors please?

i know many years ago hornby did one but i am unsure if there are any made today ?

can anyone help please?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (KODIAK BEAR @ 31 May 2007, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>can anyone tell me if any company makes a 12t ventilated van with opening doors please?

i know many years ago hornby did one but i am unsure if there are any made today ?

can anyone help please?

Wasn't there one in the old Mainline (now Bachman) range?

Regards

John

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 1 Jun 2007, 13:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wasn't there one in the old Mainline (now Bachman) range?

Regards

John

not sure on that one john.

how does everyone manage with their ventilated vans??? do you leave them as is ? or do you cut the doors away ?

only asking as i want to show a ventilated van in a siding being loaded / unloaded thats all.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (KODIAK BEAR @ 1 Jun 2007, 15:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.

how does everyone manage with their ventilated vans??? do you leave them as is ? or do you cut the doors away ?

only asking as i want to show a ventilated van in a siding being loaded / unloaded thats all.

Personally I would, if the wagon was not going to move, carefully cut the doors out and glue them in the open position - but remember - they won't have panel marks etc. on the inside. Sounds like a job for an Airfix/Dapol/whoever kit.

Regards

John

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE Personally I would, if the wagon was not going to move, carefully cut the doors out and glue them in the open position - but remember - they won't have panel marks etc. on the inside. Sounds like a job for an Airfix/Dapol/whoever kit.

Some of the Parkside kits come with the doors as a separate moulding that you attach to the plain side. If you wanted to go this route, this plain area will provide guidelines for cutting. As an added bonus, if you mess it up, glue on the doors and try another kit

If you would like details of which kits allow this, then ask and I'll check my van collection.

David

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (KODIAK BEAR @ 31 May 2007, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>can anyone tell me if any company makes a 12t ventilated van with opening doors please?

can anyone help please?
Hello Kodiak,
Mainline did the Allsopps beer van with sliding doors, Airfix did a meat van with doors on hinges but I can't remember if there was any detail on the inside of the doors (mine are glued in position). These quite often turn up on ebay and I dont think Dapol do it.

Regards Bizerba

1 - 6 of 6 Posts