Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help me?
Dose anyone know if it is possable to buy a kit White Metal/Brass of the GWR Engine the 15XX 0-6-0 ?

Peter

·
Registered
213 Posts
I assume your talking 4mm/ft scale here.

K's used to do a kit years ago,these come up on eBay from time to time,but for some reason these old kits seem to fetch ridiculous prices
,considering to produce a decent model you have to junk the crap wheels and motor that are supplied by K's,and possibly the chunky brass frames as well..

Just checked Falcon Brass' website,and they don't do one,-so I don't know where else to suggest......

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nucast used to make a 15XX. I don't know if they stll do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NuCast NC043 BR (WR) 15xx 0-6-0t
[NC043]

Nu-Cast 00/4mm locomotive kit. Includes Romford wheels unless stated otherwise. Requires gears, motor and sundry items eg paint, transfers solder/adhesive etc to complete. These kits generally feature brass chassis with whitemetal body parts and fittings. For construction information please visit our reference section.
£92.50

Colombo

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for you advice I cant find the k's kit any where I have sorted out a model and ordered the Nu cast kit which I should get in a few weeks thanks.

I'm also looking fore a oo gauge class 14 teddy bear if anyone knows of one?

thers one shown on a layout on page 68 of the latest MRM but I cant find a kit any where?

Pete

·
Registered
213 Posts
The Class 14 is also available as an etched kit by A1 models, Howes of Oxford are stockists:-
www.howesmodels.co.uk
Evidently it's better than the cast Dave Alexander version [especially the cab,which is crude on the D.A. one].
Also Mercian Models are planning to do an etched model,according to their website,
http://www.modelrailways.tv/standard_gauge/diesels.htm
There was also an MTK version years ago,-but this is probably best avoided...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.