Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you let me know what class of the above were operating on the Darlington to Saltburn line between these dates ? Thank you

·
Registered
982 Posts
QUOTE (Peter Flintoff @ 21 Mar 2008, 08:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can you let me know what class of the above were operating on the Darlington to Saltburn line between these dates ? Thank you

Peter I'm a Scotsman, but had an auntie living in Redcar, so was in the area. I reckon you are looking for 2 car class 101 Metro Cammel DMUs. Hornby currently do a three car one.

Russell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (rb277170 @ 21 Mar 2008, 10:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Peter I'm a Scotsman, but had an auntie living in Redcar, so was in the area. I reckon you are looking for 2 car class 101 Metro Cammel DMUs. Hornby currently do a three car one.

Russell

Russell

thank you. I remember that for what was then the rush hour/ school journeys there was often 8 cars with invariably a guards section

Peter

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
What´s a "guard´s section"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 23 Mar 2008, 11:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What´s a "guard´s section"?

It was a separate part of the carriage at one end where it had double doors so that you could get things like bicycles and prams/ pushchairs on easily. It did not have proper carriage furniture such as seats and tables and normally had a rough wooden floor and the guard used to be in there when not collecting tickets and checking on fares.

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts